Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Bing powering Yahoo make our jobs easier?

Does Bing powering Yahoo make our jobs easier?

I say that it depends.

Now that we dont have to optimize for 3 SE's, but 2, it will definitely make the actual optimizations easier, but the way that bing's algorithm works has me worried.

(I'll be speaking of this in my blog, and wont bother you with the text, but I'll place a link here when thats up)

anyones thoughts?
    Design/In-House SEO (Law Firm) - Freelance (Online Contest) - Hidden Content

Re: Does Bing powering Yahoo make our jobs easier?

Considering how erratic Bing has been about indexing pages (e.g. a full site), I think that is the biggest concern. The ease of influencing Bing's rankings is also a concern, but lesser of one because we generally do well once the pages are indexed properly.

I'd say yes. Regardless of how good or bad Bing is... It's still optimizing for 2 vs. optimizing for 3 search engines

Certainly will be easier. Wonder how long that will all last? Remember when Google was the provider for Yahoo? Either way, does it really matter much? 95% of all my traffic comes from Google anyway. Bing has been showing progress, but eh. Barely even on my radar yet, though this is an interesting turn of events.
    Hidden Content
    Comprehensive e-brand marketing.
    Call 800.556.7449 for a free consultation.

Quote Originally Posted by dunivan View Post
    I say that it depends.

Now that we dont have to optimize for 3 SE's, but 2, it will definitely make the actual optimizations easier, but the way that bing's algorithm works has me worried.

(I'll be speaking of this in my blog, and wont bother you with the text, but I'll place a link here when thats up)

anyones thoughts?
    All you need to do is SEO for Google properly, and Yahoo & Msn rankings always follow.

Of course if you do not know how to SEO properly, then it won't happen, but that's a separate issue.

I actually predicted this over three years ago. After 18 years in the Web Development business one gets very good at predicting things.

As an Atlanta Web Design professional this will have a direct impact on my business. It will no doubt have a big impact on many businesses.

You know the old saying, the more things change the more they stay the same. What I mean is you could see this coming because in 2000 to 2003 Google outpaced Yahoo and at the same time ended it's joint venture deal with MSN Search.

It's the same dance with different partners! Or should I say swapped partners? Yes, swapped partners, reminds me of a country ho down doesn't it? Well anyway at least they gave ample warning. The site says they'll try and be all cozy by the end of the year in time for the season, but maybe in 2011 if they feel better about that.

That stuff they say is for shareholders and to keep people from panicing and cancelling their accounts. Of course that didn't bother Google in 2003. When they knew they were leading the other two they just went for it.

That makes me see a big difference between Google and the other two. Google has no fear, they really don't compare. From the way the organizations are managed to the end product, Google has them all on the run.

Let me know what you think about the Yahoo! bing jv.
    Doug Hauptman - Hidden Content
    Atlanta Web Design & Atlanta SEO | Marketing Development and SEO Optimization

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar

While Bing may be providing the indexing platform, it remains unclear as to whether or not there will also be a commonality of SERPs.

Quote Originally Posted by dunivan View Post
    I say that it depends.

anyones thoughts?
    I will be disappointed if Yahoo shows the same search results as Bing. I am very much ok to see 3 major SEs and I personally believe that Yahoo show much better results than Bing: so if Yahoo is going to show results taken from Bing for 10 years, then that is a disappointing news.

I've written an article on the subject for WebProNews.

i don't usually optimize for the 3 SE before, i usually put more of my efforts on google and i gain good ranking from Yahoo though am not really lucky with bing...