Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "free" photo websites? Any suggestions?

Hi Bodhi,

You can find all the different free stock photo sites that I use listed HERE under the heading "Image Banks"

Cheers

Bodhi
    Be very careful, a few of those sites on your list are not FREE. They are Royalty FREE, which generally means once you purchase a license for the image, you do not have to pay again for its use in another format.

You still have to pay for their use.

Frank V.
    Aim High. You can never achieve more than you aspire to.

Blue Vertigo is likely the best resource of resources you will find as a web designer. It lists MANY stock photo sites, font sites, logo sites, pretty much anything you might need to get on the cheap.

As a personal recommendation, I second the nomination of iStockPhoto. And if you have some money later, you can wander over to iStockPro and buy some stuff from me (assuming I ever actually get around to uploading any). :)

Thanks

Thanks so much to everyone for all of this feedback and recommendations. I'll be sure to check them out. I really appreciate your help as I was hitting some dead ends at many of the places I was looking.

Cheers,
    K
    kplatt
    Perfect Order
    People Making Technology Work
    Hidden Content

Enterprise Computing Solutions: hardware, software and consulting

hmm, I found that www.freesticky.com, last time I looked had some good links,try it.

Deviantart has a lot of images, most of them aren't stock, but quite a few members on there have posted stock photography collections. Check the stock category under photography.

http://www.deviantart.com

istockphoto.com

I am a big fan of Istockphoto.com. Not only is it a great resource, but searching the database is really simple.

I have over 20 photographs on Istock, which I earn 10-30 on for each download (you can view it here)http://www.istockphoto.com/file_sear...e&userID=89023.

They are really careful about the quality of photos they accept. Even photos of mine that I thought were good quality were rejected. They are clean (no dust or scratches) and not blurry. Their customer service is awesome too. Photos are between 50 for web sized images to $1.50 for full page print images.

stock photo links

Bodhi, why do you list so many of those stock photos sites as free when they are clearly not? Getty Images for example, the biggest in the industry is definitely not free.

I would like to possibly exchange links with you ( Ihave a stock photo site as well) but I don't think its fair to list sites as free when they are not.

Regards,

Steve
    Hidden Content
    royalty free stock photos for web design and more

Re: "free" photo websites? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kplatt
    We are currently redesigning our website and are in need of some good quality photos for use both on the website and on our print collateral materials. I am having trouble finding clean and simple photos with a technology or enterprise computing theme. Anyone have any suggestions of sites that provide free or low cost photos? Needless to say, funds are limited.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Hi Kplatt....
    You can log on www.indexstock.com and get high quality pictures. Its Free....:)

Harry...
    Thanks,

Harry

Re: "free" photo websites? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kplatt
    We are currently redesigning our website and are in need of some good quality photos for use both on the website and on our print collateral materials. I am having trouble finding clean and simple photos with a technology or enterprise computing theme. Anyone have any suggestions of sites that provide free or low cost photos? Needless to say, funds are limited.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Hi Kplatt....
    You can log on www.indexstock.com and get high quality pictures. Its Free....:)

Harry...
    Thanks,

Harry