Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will PR Be Replaced by QR?

Will PR Be Replaced by QR?

If we're honest with ourselves, the only reason to care about another site's PR is when we are considering links. If we're trading, are we giving more than we're getting? If buying or submitting to a directory, is it worth our $ or time?

Here's how I see the issue today and for the near future.

1. Toolbar PR is outdated information, at best.

2. PR toolbar will be phased out sooner or later. Probably sooner. There will come a day when we won't know if a page has PR or not.

3. PR will still matter and while we won't know which pages will have PR we can pretty much guess about some that won't.

So which are they???

• Well, in my observation it's extremely rare to find a page that is called links.htm (or links.asp or similar) that has toolbar PR. An exception seems to be when that page has incoming links.

• Most link farm style directories within non-directory sites appear to have no PageRank.

• Pages with lists of links in a Title: Description format rarely have toolbar PR ... unless that page has some strong backlinks.

In the coming age of unrevealed PR, we will have to rely on deeper research - how well does a site do for it's target keywords, for example? Or fall back on quality and relevance. Would we be truly proud of any association with that site and is it's topic and theme highly related to our own?

Quality and Relevance. Maybe we will call that QR.
    Need to write a love letter to Google? I'm an SEO Copywriter who knows Search Smart DesignŽ. | Travel Gypsy in Key West. | Get the Cyber Key to SEO Web Design.

Re: Will PR Be Replaced by QR?

MJ such exist already in Googles Blog Search Positive and Negative Quality Ranking Factors from Google’s Blog Search (Patent Application)

And I have no doubts that it have been already implemented in the universal search. If that will replace in future that dumb PR toolbar would have been the best thing that could happen.
    John S. Britsios, Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | SEO Workers | Webnauts Net

If Google Removes Page Rank then will webmasters install Google Tool Bar ? I think no then how Google will tracks websites that are opened directly or by using some other search engines ?
    I think Page Rank is associated with Brand Google you can't imagine a Google without Page Rank.
    Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    If Google Removes Page Rank then will webmasters install Google Tool Bar ? I think no then how Google will tracks websites that are opened directly or by using some other search engines ?
    I think Page Rank is associated with Brand Google you can't imagine a Google without Page Rank.
    Why do you think Google cares whether webmasters download the toolbar? Aren't there plenty of users without us?

I think we all need to imagine a Google without PR revealed. That's essentially what we have now.
    Need to write a love letter to Google? I'm an SEO Copywriter who knows Search Smart DesignŽ. | Travel Gypsy in Key West. | Get the Cyber Key to SEO Web Design.

Page rank has always been similar to the farmers wife walking around throwing out handfuls of chicken pellets. There is a Crazy scurry and flurry of chickens cackling crazily every time this daily ritual arrives. It is the same on farms across the world. . feed time is crazy time!

Supplemental feeding on farms is often used to create loyalty, Chickens do not wander far. I myself always take a slice of bread for the horses. The horses do not need the bread, they survive and get quite fat on the green vegetation.

All except the one that becomes a Pet, these will always be dependant.

classic cars - directory - Southern cross Engines
    If Optimising for google gives you a headache? - try optimising your Users

Quote Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
    Why do you think Google cares whether webmasters download the toolbar? Aren't there plenty of users without us?
    I would have to say that the average google user probably prefers to access the google homepage through a bookmark or favorites menu when they want to search rather than installing the toolbar. Google is my homepage, why would I need a pesty toolbar.

Toolbars in general are irritating to say the least unless you plan on using them at least half of the time you spend online. I would bet that at least 1/4 of all the google toolbars that have been downloaded to date were downloaded by webmasters or website owners interested in seeing PR scores. I know I downloaded it once for that purpose and promptly removed it once I had seen the PR scores I wanted to see.

I would have to vote for VR(Value+Relevance) instead of QR. You have to admit that QR sounds queer. lol
    Web Design and Internet Marketing Consultant in Illinois.

PR which was invented to reward good websites is no fast loosing its importance. Though some people cry in foul that PR is not solely dependent on links and only links, evidence has it that the PR of a website is more or less dependent on the inbound links to a website.Therefore, it is almost inevitable that the importance of PR will wane in coming years sooner or later as an increasing number of people has cracked the secrets of increasing page rank by manipulating it in its unique way.

Quality and relevance works very well for me. I have made a test about 2 years ago. I created webmaster related weblog (with unique content - about 10 posts) and the only method of promotion I have used was directory submissions. I get less then 1 visitor a day after submitting to hundreds of directories.

On the other hand, when I run serious website and build relevant links from websites which can send me real targeted traffic, my website get good position in SERPs more quickly.
    Join great affiliate programs paying residual commission.
    Check out affiliate program reviews to find the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
    Page rank has always been similar to the farmers wife walking around throwing out handfuls of chicken pellets. There is a Crazy scurry and flurry of chickens cackling crazily every time this daily ritual arrives. It is the same on farms across the world. . feed time is crazy time!

Supplemental feeding on farms is often used to create loyalty, Chickens do not wander far. I myself always take a slice of bread for the horses. The horses do not need the bread, they survive and get quite fat on the green vegetation.

All except the one that becomes a Pet, these will always be dependent.

I like your analogy. PR can not be removed from the Toolbar fast enough. And to the person who said without PR what good is the tool bar? Well I use it for many things other than PR. I don't think the removal of PR will affect toolbar usage.

I'm my personal all links are good links so long as they are links to you. Links are better if they are from higher Page Rank sites because of the link juice they provide, but I think the best results are from related websites because they provide quality link juice but also quality visitors.