Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: OSComm - Search Error

OSComm - Search Error

All, I am getting the following error when I submit a search from either the Advanced Search page or through the Search Box Anywhere Contribution:

1066 - Not unique table/alias: 'pd'

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from (products p left join products_to_products_extra_fields p2pef on p.products_id=p2pef.products_id) left join manufacturers m on m.manufacturers_id=p.manufacturers_id, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c, products_description pd, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((pd.products_name like '%huggies%' or p.products_model like '%huggies%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%huggies%' or p2pef.products_extra_fields_value like '%huggies%') )

When I do a search through the Search Box Anywhere Contribution AND also through the Advanced Search Page.

I do not know enough about php or mysql to figure out why this is happening or where to start and fix it. I can assume it has something to do with the 'pd' mentioned in the first line?

You can look here at my site to see it: SPOG - San Pedro Online Grocery

Please help!
    Rob

Re: OSComm - Search Error

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from (products p left join products_to_products_extra_fields p2pef on p.products_id=p2pef.products_id) left join manufacturers m on m.manufacturers_id=p.manufacturers_id, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c, products_description pd, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((pd.products_name like '%huggies%' or p.products_model like '%huggies%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%huggies%' or p2pef.products_extra_fields_value like '%huggies%') )

I think you are joining products_description twice - if you do that, you need to give each one a different alias, so that MySQL knows which join to look at. Of course, that is after just a brief try at following the query...
    The best way to learn anything, is to question everything.
    Hidden Content

Re: OSComm - Search Error

Oddly I uploaded the original advanced_search_results.php file and it works perfectly. And I cannot see any thing that functions or works differently or incorrectly.

So I guess this is resolved... odd still, but resolved!!
    Rob