Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

  1. #11
    WebProWorld MVP Webnauts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    European Community
    Posts
    8,934

    Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    Quote Originally Posted by williamc View Post
    John, was wordpressdemo.com your domain?
    What is that for a question man. Are you kidding me?
    Hidden Content Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | My personal blog Hidden Content

  2. #12
    WebProWorld MVP williamc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a really big hill in Kentucky
    Posts
    4,538

    Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    Not at all. It is all thru your posted .htaccess

    ### Require the www to avoid cannonicalization issues by Dan ###
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.wordpressdemo\.com [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.wordpressdemo.com/$1 [L,R=301]

    ### Require to add trailing slash if not present to avoid cannonicalization issues ###
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.wordpressdemo\.com [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^$
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.wordpressdemo.com/$1 [L,R]

    ### Redirect index.html to / ######
    RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*index\.html?\ HTTP/
    RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.html?$ http://www.wordpressdemo.com/$1 [R=301,L]
    Don't get me wrong here, the .htaccess rules are excellant, and well thought out, even if they do break apache under solaris and fbsd due to conflicts. I even notice 4 different coding styles in it.

    Just trying to ascertain which parts are your own creativity
    William Cross
    Hidden Content by Those Damn Coders
    Hidden Content because our constitution matters

  3. #13
    WebProWorld MVP Webnauts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    European Community
    Posts
    8,934

    Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    Quote Originally Posted by williamc View Post
    Not at all. It is all thru your posted .htaccess



    Don't get me wrong here, the .htaccess rules are excellant, and well thought out, even if they do break apache under solaris and fbsd due to conflicts. I even notice 4 different coding styles in it.

    Just trying to ascertain which parts are your own creativity
    Do you have alternatives compatible to Solaris and FBSD for members who might need that?

    Coding styles? My .htaccess is a collection of rules, which I wrote myself and got some stuff from other 2 guys I mentioned already to give them credits.
    Hidden Content Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | My personal blog Hidden Content

  4. #14
    WebProWorld MVP williamc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a really big hill in Kentucky
    Posts
    4,538

    Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    2 other sources? Then who exactly is Dan who contributed the canonical bits?

    Sorry, I look at things as a whole and tend to see different styles of doing things due to that. What I meant was that there are 4 different thought processes going on in the code that you pasted. You attributed 2 of them, and a third is referenced in the code itself "Dan". I would assume you were the 4th.
    William Cross
    Hidden Content by Those Damn Coders
    Hidden Content because our constitution matters

  5. #15
    WebProWorld MVP Webnauts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    European Community
    Posts
    8,934

    Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    Quote Originally Posted by williamc View Post
    2 other sources? Then who exactly is Dan who contributed the canonical bits?

    Sorry, I look at things as a whole and tend to see different styles of doing things due to that. What I meant was that there are 4 different thought processes going on in the code that you pasted. You attributed 2 of them, and a third is referenced in the code itself "Dan". I would assume you were the 4th.
    Dan Johnson is the CTO of my company: Custom Web Design & Search Engine Marketing Consultants - SEO Workers

    OK. So now we are 4. Perishable, AskApache, my CTO and me.

    Happy now?

    I think I should hire someone to make that in one style. maybe it will work better.

    Man, I hope you are not serious. I do the members a favor here, and you go on picking me. I honestly don't get you after all. Sorry...

    I think I should tell the admin to delete this thread so we can all be happy. Is that deal? I will PM him right away.
    Hidden Content Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | My personal blog Hidden Content

  6. #16
    WebProWorld MVP williamc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a really big hill in Kentucky
    Posts
    4,538

    Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    Quote Originally Posted by Webnauts View Post
    Man, I hope you are not serious. I do the members a favor here, and you go on picking me. I honestly don't get you after all. Sorry...

    I think I should tell the admin to delete this thread so we can all be happy. Is that deal? I will PM him right away.
    You are still missing the whole thing. I honestly think you should get some sleep mate. I was not picking on you. I was actually interested in knowing which parts were your own creativity. I had to ask because there were obviously (to me) 4 different styles. It was not meant to pick at you, merely to get to what I was interested in.

    Remember, I am a coder, what other coders do always interests me. And I agree fully that the thread is a good one, however your idea of doing the whole thing by one person would probably find the conflicts and remedy them making the resulting code an even better treat for members.
    William Cross
    Hidden Content by Those Damn Coders
    Hidden Content because our constitution matters

  7. #17
    WebProWorld MVP Webnauts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    European Community
    Posts
    8,934

    Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    Quote Originally Posted by williamc View Post
    You are still missing the whole thing. I honestly think you should get some sleep mate. I was not picking on you. I was actually interested in knowing which parts were your own creativity. I had to ask because there were obviously (to me) 4 different styles. It was not meant to pick at you, merely to get to what I was interested in.
    I think you are right man. I am really over-tired.

    Quote Originally Posted by williamc View Post
    Remember, I am a coder, what other coders do always interests me. And I agree fully that the thread is a good one, however your idea of doing the whole thing by one person would probably find the conflicts and remedy them making the resulting code an even better treat for members.
    Any improvement suggestions would be a great idea man. I did not know that you are coder though.

    Would you go for it?

    Thanks man.
    Hidden Content Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | My personal blog Hidden Content

  8. #18
    WebProWorld MVP edhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    895

    Thumbs up Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    You are indeed good and helpful. I gave you a Rep for this.

    Now I will be checking how I should be implementing it to all my wordpress sites. Seems to be quite lengthy and hopefully it will not affect the speed loading.

    Thanks for being so nice to share.
    Find Out More About Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Exploring, Hidden Content With Friends, Colleagues And Family Members In Relationships & Careers... Do you want a better lifestyle? Check it out today!

  9. #19
    Senior Member bobchrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    382

    Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    Thanks for the link webnauts, can you suggest a good alternative of spam karma because it's no longer supported now? I am currently using akismat.

  10. #20
    WebProWorld MVP Webnauts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    European Community
    Posts
    8,934

    Re: Wordpress SEO & Security Friendly .htaccess & Pugins

    Quote Originally Posted by bobchrist View Post
    Thanks for the link webnauts, can you suggest a good alternative of spam karma because it's no longer supported now? I am currently using akismat.
    I still have Spam Karma installed as long it works. Askimet, Bad Behaviour and Honeypot are the best I know.
    Hidden Content Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | My personal blog Hidden Content

Similar Threads

  1. 301 reditects, .htaccess and Wordpress
    By morestar in forum IT Discussion Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 08:02 PM
  2. Need help on wordpress .htaccess
    By loosapphire in forum Search Engine Optimization Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 05:00 AM
  3. WordPress Security Review
    By Webnauts in forum Internet Security Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 09:55 PM
  4. WordPress htaccess issues
    By imsickofwebpro in forum Web Programming Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 10:59 PM
  5. .htaccess / ModRewrite not allowed for security reasons?
    By cyberious in forum Web Programming Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •