Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Code for Reddit Comment Links?

Code for Reddit Comment Links?

Hey Everyone, I was wondering, I notice several people find a way to insert anchor text into their comment code on Reddit links, but whenever I try to do it using either HTML or BB Code, only the actual URL gets highlighted as a link, not the anchor text. Any thoughts?

Re: Code for Reddit Comment Links?

Stop trying to drop spam link on sites that don't want you to??
    You can't create artful marketing with color by number seo

Thanks Feydakin

"Steve : Animal Charms Animal Jewelry | Internet Marketing
    I'm smelling a whole lot of if coming off of this plan. "

As he drops a bunch of links in his signature nobody wants to see =)

Go play in your own thread, leave mine alone. If you can't answer the question, maybe you just need to shut up. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't drop your gay animal charm links in my thread as you lecture me about not dropping links.

You asked for 'thoughts'.. That was my thought..

BTW, A/S/L??

actually Steves signature is an option allowed by this forums administrators, so he is doing nothing shady by having it. Spamming reddit on the other hand....
    William Cross
    Hidden Content by Those Damn Coders
    Hidden Content because our constitution matters

It would be best to spend your time trying to get legit links instead of how to get spammy ones lke randomly posting to forums in hopes of getting links.

Oh ok, if that's how everyone feels. I didn't realize that none of you used social networking sites like Reddit, Digg, Technorati, Squiddo, hubpages, etc to get links then.

The only reason a link would be placed in a Reddit article comment is if it was properly associated with the content of the article and centered around enhancing the readers experience by seeing the link there.

You guys need to get off your high horses.

See, here is the issue, you want to stuff links where they aren't supposed to be in a way that they aren't supposed to be done.. If the fine folks at Reddit wanted you to be able to drop anchor text stuffed links in the comments they would have made it easy and told you how to do it themselves.. Oh wait, they did..

Because you are so skilled at the interweb, and so thoughtful in your posts, and apparently so much better than me, let me tell you how to do it..

First, click on the "help" link right below every single comment box on Reddit..

In that help screen that opens up you will see this -

[reddit!](http://reddit.com) == reddit!
    Gee, look how easy that was.. And yes, I am making fun of you, and yes, I think you deserve it.. It took me all of 3 seconds to find the link and click on it.. You have no skillz son..

So are you saying that if someone posted an article on Reddit talking about Animal Charms or Jewelry lets say, and the topic of discussion said various things such as, "finding quality animal jewelry is really hard these days", that you wouldn't post a comment in there with a link to your site?

I understand that Google ignores comment links and they have very little SEO value. But they can build traffic if your audience is appropriate and your link is helpful and not invasive. And you are right, if Reddit didn't want the ability to post links in comments, they wouldn't have allowed it, but since they do allow it, you have to assume that you are not violating the article author or the terms of service, nor are you making the user experience bad if you follow the above rules.

I can't believe in the WebProWorld community that you all get your links only outside of social networking sites. I just can't believe it. And I don't run around trying spam Reddit for links. I just found an appropriate Reddit article where my site would fit appropriately and wanted to post my link for the viewers.

I can't believe that you didn't read my entire post..

If you had, you would have noticed that I answered your question.. And then you might have even thanked me for handing you the answer on a silver platter when you could have found it for yourself in just a few seconds of effort, but didn't..

However, you could have posted your link in that post in Reddit without anchor text if your goal had been solely to help someone rather than to get another anchor text link..