- Did you note the heading?
- Is that a general comment or related to the topic of this thread?
For me better option is Firefox, open-source browser, because it's code is checked from thousands of people in the world.
- So you would secure your house and publish it all over the internet how it is done? Would that make your house more secure?
- Install one of the millions of FF plugins and assume you are sure?
- I think I would not hire you as a security specialist.
currently the best browser there is
2. This post is about security.
3. Please, read from the beginning.
4. Reread and then comment if you have a comment on this security related topic.
As a webmaster, I use FF. FireFox has a lot of exellent plugins that is great for webmasters. But the same plugins are a security risk. If you don't understand that, be careful before you post such short messages, IMO without relevance to the topic.
Can you guarantee that there is no FF plugin or Toolbar with malware?
I know its post about security i am reading before i post as u said its good for web masters also because of its plugins
But i was referring on the things that are built ed inside like the ability to spot and warn u on suspicious and potentially harming websites like scam pages and infected websites
- Is that enough to rate it as the best browser for online shopping?
- What do you know about FF's previlige based security model?
- What do you know about Opera's security model? Most probably very little or nothing.
- Do other browsers have that ability? I see now that FF warns you about unsecure certificates, after Opera have had that functionality for a long time.
I see u are Big fan of Opera so i give up.But firefox still stay best for me and tons of other people.Am not saying that opera is bad i just think its not best one nowdays although its was before
"But does that make the browser more or less secure? Does open code make the browser more or less secure? This is not about general security unrelated software.
" on my opinion open code is better coz it allow u to configure it fully according to your needs also to u can get allot of security addons which will make your shopping much more pleasant
But nvm i am not here to start a fight with u opera VS firefox
I simply expresed my opinion on the issue based on my expirience
- I would not recommend an other browser that Opera to new surfers.
- I would not recommend an other browser than Opera for Online shopping. Nobody has so long convinced me that there is a more secure browser for that purpose, and that is the subject of this thread.