Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Any suggestions on the best VPS hosting?

Any suggestions on the best VPS hosting?

I am having a huge problem with my web hosting company. I have a hosted VPS (Virtual Private Server) on this one company's server for sending out a weekly newsletter to 10,000 opt in customers. I use VPS because they seem less restrictive on sending out a lot of emails.

Well, the company is now not returning calls or emails and preformance is really poor. Does anyone know of a good reliable VPS hosting company that will not be restrictive on sending email blasts out?

Re: Any suggestions on the best VPS hosting?

Depends on how much you want to pay and where you have to host it (remember regarding privacy you may not be able to export your customer data outside your own country).

For suggestions and an independent review you could try looking on webhostingtalk.com
    Experienced Hidden Content hosting sites for over a decade; Need to host mutliple domains and websites check out our Hidden Content or try our Hidden Content

ehosting - UK Website Hosting Company - Shared Web Hosting, Domain Name Registration, UK Dedicated Servers and UK VPS Hosting or Bytemark Hosting Home are good hosts - any host will look at you closely if enough spam reports/complaints are received from your campaigns, but if you say they are opted in then that should not be a problem.

Check out HostMySite.com - I have VPS hosting with them and the service is excellent (don't know about their bulk email policies, however).

Constant Contact: 5,001-10,000 US $75 per month.
    Hidden Content Solutions in Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design for business
    Hidden Content - Spread your business message locally and around the world!

If you want to host in Australia check out Net Logistics in Sydney, we've been using them for about 8 months and couldn't ask for better service.

WebProWorld MVP

I would rate InMotion Hosting as the best one as it is affordable but if you want high specs you can get at a competitive price.

I've been hosting phpLD of Servint.net for a couple of years now and would definitely recommend them.
    Why Hidden Content will lead you into an Hidden Content and how a Hidden Content wins every time.

I've just gone on to WPW to ask just this question. I've been with my hosting company for many years and had excellent service with traditional 1 site hosting and have about 5 sites hosted, along with other sites on other hosts.

Moved to VPS and had a succession of problems, most recent on Thursady, VPS goes down at 18:30, managed to contact support and they say they will need to rebuild and will do so immediately - backups all okay so go ahead. At about 21:00 I ask how things are going, asked to be patient. Well, I'm up till 23:30 waiting to hear, they have since given up and not said anything!

My sites - one which supports an online client management application is offline till late on Friday, only back when I ask for a new VPS! Technical support, I think - I can't fault. Communication was abysmal! There was none! Using their ticketing system, it looks like a one way conversation through the day!

I'm sure hosting companies read WPW. However good your support is, if you don't keep the customer updated with what is going on, as far as the customer is concerned, nothing is happening! I in turn have my clients and have to tell them what is going on, perhaps in less tech speak!

Another consideration is that if we have gone so far as to use a VPS, we are not thick! Comments like, we've never come across this problem, your the first, etc etc, frankly it can be insulting and degrades the supplier / customer relationship.

So, any recommendations for VPS suppliers (in the UK for me) who have not only dealt with a major problem but also treated you as a responsible adult, worked with you and communicated!

Quote Originally Posted by simonm View Post
    I've just gone on to WPW to ask just this question. I've been with my hosting company for many years and had excellent service with traditional 1 site hosting and have about 5 sites hosted, along with other sites on other hosts.

Moved to VPS and had a succession of problems, most recent on Thursady, VPS goes down at 18:30, managed to contact support and they say they will need to rebuild and will do so immediately - backups all okay so go ahead. At about 21:00 I ask how things are going, asked to be patient. Well, I'm up till 23:30 waiting to hear, they have since given up and not said anything!

My sites - one which supports an online client management application is offline till late on Friday, only back when I ask for a new VPS! Technical support, I think - I can't fault. Communication was abysmal! There was none! Using their ticketing system, it looks like a one way conversation through the day!

I'm sure hosting companies read WPW. However good your support is, if you don't keep the customer updated with what is going on, as far as the customer is concerned, nothing is happening! I in turn have my clients and have to tell them what is going on, perhaps in less tech speak!

Another consideration is that if we have gone so far as to use a VPS, we are not thick! Comments like, we've never come across this problem, your the first, etc etc, frankly it can be insulting and degrades the supplier / customer relationship.

So, any recommendations for VPS suppliers (in the UK for me) who have not only dealt with a major problem but also treated you as a responsible adult, worked with you and communicated!

Have you found a new hosting company? If so, how is it going with them?
    Hidden Content Web Host Ratings; Read the Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Web Host
    Hidden Content Script Directory; Code, Tools and Help for Your Website