Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flash where do i start?

Question flash where do i start?

Hi
    I have been working with html and using dream weaver. What is the best way to use flash on one of my sites?

Re: flash where do i start?

Hello dude, You can make menu bar for help flash software. Can you learn me action script?

Thumbs up Re: flash where do i start?

You can actually start with some basic buttons and form submissions in FLASH like you did in HTML. This will be easier for you to start and understand the concept in Flash easily.

I learned a lot about flash from lynda but it does cost 25 bucks a month but I can honestly say my subscription to Lynda has been well worth the money.

I'll tell you a secret as long as it stays between me you and the rest of the web I use flash extensions for most of the stuff I do in flash because it makes the job easier and there is enough HTML, CSS, PHP code floating around in my head. Remember Keep It Simple

For slide shows I use an extension called Slideshow Pro, cost $39 the time it saves me Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    I learned a lot about flash from lynda but it does cost 25 bucks a month but I can honestly say my subscription to Lynda has been well worth the money.

I'll tell you a secret as long as it stays between me you and the rest of the web I use flash extensions for most of the stuff I do in flash because it makes the job easier and there is enough HTML, CSS, PHP code floating around in my head. Remember Keep It Simple

For slide shows I use an extension called Slideshow Pro, cost $39 the time it saves me Priceless
    Note: Since I can't add links yet since I have less than 10 posts, I will refer to Lynda and Flashden instead of their web links.

I have to agree with Gary, I've joined Lynda and it has some excellent tutorials for Flash and Dreamweaver. Highly recommended.

Also, if you purchase a copy of any Adobe CS4 product and register it, you get a free 30 day trial of Lynda as a free gift. Such a deal.

And one more thing... If you want to learn about Flash by learning how a nice widget is made, check out Flashden. You can purchase a nice widget, then dissect it in Flash to see how it's done. Pretty cool and allot of great looking Flash widgets.

Anyway, best of luck and definitely check out Lynda...

Dennis

just take the suggestion with garry and andrew, it might be a big help for you.....

you can see tutorials on youtube there is a lots of video there where you can see from where you can start but i think You can start with some basic buttons in FLASH like you did in HTML. This will be easier for you.

thank you very for the advice.

Banned
    well, flash is great to some extent, you know.
    This is great that you started learning Flash and this will help your site traffic a lot, I guess, but do not exceed with using it.
    What I usually offer to my people- is to create a flash header and a few minor things to attract visitors' attention, you may also flash buttons, but not more than than that.

Header is a good start though!