Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: <")))>< A Very Fishy Contest

thanks

awesome job man. I like the jellyfish and sitemap. very very cool. nnnnniiiiiiiiiccccceee.

Fishy Checkers

Have you tried the Fishy Checkers game? I got the free script online and changed all the graphics to make a customized and playable reel-in-the-fish version.
    Cheers!
    Brian

hats off to you

It is really cool that you put so much effort into the game. Sadly tho I think the script is buggy coz there were times the pieces moved when they weren't meant to and times when the piece was meant to be removed, they would appear to be still there and no matter what I did to remove or move it, the piece would still stay there. I wish I could video tape it to show you. I think I gave it 10 or more tries. Was fun. Pity about the script or it would have been cool.

Highly commendable work. Good job. The site map button is cool.

contest still going?

I was working on a template for the site and I was trying to check out www.reelinthefish.net but the site appears to be down... is the contest still going on?

Just wanted to make sure before I spend any more time!

Thanks,
    Brandy

the site appears to be working fine now - and yes, the contest is still going on and you have plenty of time left to enter :)

Re: hats off to you

Thanks for having a look-see and the nice comments. As for the game, it tool about ten minutes to do the graphics, then rename them to fit the names of the pre-existing "free" script. I've found that this abnormality only occurs once every so often. I'm paying it all the time now. Funny how I didn't play so much when it was just plain checker pieces, but cute fish got me hooked.

Now how does this forum work? Should I be commenting on others designs, critiquing with praise and pointers where applicable, or is this forum more for the moderator and contest organizer to respond to? Just seems a little slower than when I first got the link in my newsletter. :)
    Cheers!
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by EJRS.COM
    It is really cool that you put so much effort into the game. Sadly tho I think the script is buggy coz there were times the pieces moved when they weren't meant to and times when the piece was meant to be removed, they would appear to be still there and no matter what I did to remove or move it, the piece would still stay there. I wish I could video tape it to show you. I think I gave it 10 or more tries. Was fun. Pity about the script or it would have been cool.

Highly commendable work. Good job. The site map button is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sysop912
    Should I be commenting on others designs, critiquing with praise and pointers where applicable...
    Yes :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sysop912
    Just seems a little slower than when I first got the link in my newsletter.
    The forum is running a little slow at moment :-(

Sometimes we have to divide threads with contests, because contest submissions can get lost in general discussion. Reviews on entries are helpful resources to be included for both parties.

Nice start so far with contest. Looking forward to seeing more entries :-)
    [url returns 404 - removed by mod 07/11]
    It' time for Progressive Web & IT Development!

My entry for the contest....

Okay, here goes....

I have put up a template site at:
    http://www.drquinn.us/reelinthefish/

I wasn't sure if the Interview went with the books so sorry if those were to stay together! That can be easily changed though :-)

If you like the design anything can be modified as I have it all in layers in PhotoShop.

Enjoy!
    Brandy

Re: My entry for the contest....

I like the design, very neat, clean and fun to view. The only change I would make would be to have your main containing table justified to display in the center of the screen. With my normal settings of 1024 x 768 (85Mhz refresh) there's a lot of white space to the right in my browser.
    Great work Brandy! And awesome redesign of the Title Logo!
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by branduin
    Okay, here goes....
    If you like the design
    Enjoy!
    Brandy

Fishy

Hi there.....

I know this is nothing to do with a template or anything i have'nt got the time to build one up for you at present, but if it would help you build up your websites downloads i hope you dont mind that i offer you the "Fishtank" which if you want you can add to your list of goodies, i was asked by an individual if i could make them a simple desktop fishtank consisting of a couple of animated fishes with bubbles which move around the screen, so i built two one of 800x600 and a 1027x768 these are more or less standalone exe's once in their folders if you change the .exe to .scr you will have screensavers, if it's any good to you just go to the home and desktop link located via my profile, hope you dont mind, but i could'nt resist seeing as it's a fishy subject.

PS: Forgot to mention if you need any simple programs which dont install such as the likes of my Desktop Screen Mates these are animations with or without sound/music which follow your mouse or just popup anywhere or sits on or moves along the taskbar etc just point me to the animation you require and i'll gladly create for you.