This is not my profession, but I know something about programming and database applications. So my simple questions are:
- Isn't this a two step solution?
- A database driven web site that most php / SQL developers can design and program? This part of the solution need not be on a secure server. The programming need to be good and secure though.
- A payment gateway via a professional provider that must be on a secure server. I will assume that you plug that software into your application, ready to use.
- So unless you need an advanced online store it should not be so difficult to make this yourself.
- Example, let us assume that a hotel with 100 rooms wants an online booking solution. Isn't that a simple relational database driven site with an integrated professional payment platform?
- It is not difficult to add new tables to a database and update tables with additional fields.
- So the solution is simple and easy to expand to meet future requirements.
- A reliable hoster is also important.
- May be the most difficult element in the solution is the online marketing part.
- In other words get the store known.
Make it simple, as simple as possible, but no simpler.
Since Volusion is mentioned below, I draw your attention to this http://www.webproworld.com/web-serve...tml#post499920 thread.