Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blog Optimization

Blog Optimization

Fundamental Information:
    1. Choose a free publishing tool/site - I suggest newbie to use blogger because based on my experience and based on what I've heard... wordpress is for experts.
    2. Blog's URL - Your URL should be very related to your blog. (unless you're branding). When making the proper URL of your blog I suggest you use easy to remember words and you can also use "-" instead of "_".
    3. Add Meta Keywords|Description|Title - This will help your blog to be index by search engines.
    4. Sitemap (by means of Google Webmaster Tool) - Use this tool for Google's faster indexing.
    5. Link-Building - Posted below are ways about link building.

* article submission
    * forum posting (through signature)
    * web directory submission
    * blog directory submission
    * participating in community sites like Yahoo Answers
    * press release submission
    * online group posting
    * promotional ads
    * link exchange

Tips in properly optimizing your webpage title:

* Include the name of your business/ name of the website
    * Include your targeted keywords
    * Include your city/location
    * Use different title tag for every page but the title should reflect the content that can be found in the particular webpage.
    * Use short web page titles because it can be easily read by visitors. Do not use special characters because it might not be properly displayed and your website might look strange in a SERP

Example:
    Title: mico.com - Inexpensive Shirts in Australia

But if the business is new, it is recommended to list your keywords first before the name of your business. Why? It is simply because your business it not yet popular and people might be looking for solutions to their problem. (In the example listed above, the keyword "Inexpensive Shirts was used to provide short but very informative information about your webpage.

Revised:
    Title: Inexpensive Shirts in Australia - mico.com

Hope it helps.

Re: Blog Optimization

Quote Originally Posted by myx20 View Post
    That can also hurt! If you are posting in irrelevant to your blog/site theme forum categories, you can spoil your linking profile and weaken site relevancy.

Just to avoid any misunderstandings, since it is a damn bloody common practice our days.
    John S. Britsios, Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | My personal blog Algohunters

Hey this nice information you share here. I will take care of this all information when i am going to post a blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Webnauts View Post
    That can also hurt! If you are posting in irrelevant to your blog/site theme forum categories, you can spoil your linking profile and weaken site relevancy.

Just to avoid any misunderstandings, since it is a damn bloody common practice our days.
    You can never spoil your site by linking to it! Chances are you will not be allowed to post your links on those forums! The thing that can actually hurt is linking from your site to "bad neighborhoods" like banned and spam sites!

I would purchase a domain name. It's not worth the time to put loads of content on a free site. and do hours of link building for a domain that you don't own.

Quote Originally Posted by Webnauts View Post
    Originally Posted by myx20

I just had this happen to a site. I'm wondering if the site comes back once I add some relevant links.

Quote Originally Posted by Russianzio12 View Post
    You can never spoil your site by linking to it! Chances are you will not be allowed to post your links on those forums! The thing that can actually hurt is linking from your site to "bad neighborhoods" like banned and spam sites!
    I am not talking about penalties here. I have customer who was hanging around in adult forums trying to promote his jewelry. When I ckecked with the Google related: myself and my customer have regretted for what we saw. Does that make sense now?
    John S. Britsios, Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | My personal blog Algohunters

Quote Originally Posted by myx20 View Post
    * article submission
    * link exchange
    a) If you submit 1 article to 100 different article websites then google will perceive them as 1 or 2 maximum

b) Link exchange is a risky technique. It is better to go for one-way links rather than going into link exchange.

If your website has some level of SEO authority then you can gain some benefits out of link exchange. However, if your website is a new one, then you could be heading a DEAD-END.
    SEO Company - SeoHawk.com provides Search Engine Optimization and Marketing Services | Small but Best SEO Blog on the Planet http://www.seohawk.com/blog/

Does posting link on the sig in webmaster forums wherein your link is not a webmaster or SEO link would hurt your site? I've been doing this for a long time but I'm thinking that my site would give a good SERP if its on relevant place.

My personal experience has been that I used an anchor text link in my signature, in a related niche forum with a high page rank for several months, and suddenly I am getting loads of traffic from Google for that key word phrase.

The signature link seemed to work just fine for helping move my site to the forth position in the SERPS in a competitive niche.

I once heard that a man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with a argument.

I guess SEO is more than just a few signature links in a high page rank forum. In any case I must have done something right because my traffic has tripled.

I think when you are about optimizing a blog, to have a look at Googles patent:
    Positive and Negative Quality Ranking Factors from Google’s Blog Search (Patent Application) -SEO by the Sea