Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to protect by website online reputation

How to protect by website online reputation

Hi All,

Please can you suggest me how to protect my website online reputation.

As of now daily I am checking in google with my website name and if any negative comment come from any website/blog, i will go to that website/blog and reply

Please suggest me any other methods for protecting my website online reputation

Regards
    Subhzash

Re: How to protect by website online reputation

Hi Subhzash,
    There are various ways to get it done, i recently developed an RSS system which everything across the globe but mainly you can you can use
    google alerts
    yahoo alerts

Also what is your site into, I can help you create that application through which you can track a whole lot of stuff. let me know if you need any help

Quote Originally Posted by amitabhdoc View Post
    Hi Subhzash,
    There are various ways to get it done, i recently developed an RSS system which everything across the globe but mainly you can you can use
    google alerts
    yahoo alerts

Also what is your site into, I can help you create that application through which you can track a whole lot of stuff. let me know if you need any help
    Thanks for your reply.

I know about Google and Yahoo alerts. What is RSS system?? Can you explain in detail??

Hi
    What i have built is that using RSS technology i can track more than 28 forum, blog, website, social media websites, etc in one go and this also includes google alerts. And all this using the keywords that define your product [Keyword 1, Keyword 2] etc.

So now you dont need to wait for google to alert you but if someone adds a blog entry somewhere in any google blog or technorati or digg etc, you know immediately.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by amitabhdoc View Post
    Hi
    What i have built is that using RSS technology i can track more than 28 forum, blog, website, social media websites, etc in one go and this also includes google alerts. And all this using the keywords that define your product [Keyword 1, Keyword 2] etc.

So now you dont need to wait for google to alert you but if someone adds a blog entry somewhere in any google blog or technorati or digg etc, you know immediately.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks again for your quick response. Will you please tel me how to develop that RSS Technology.??

Give me if any guidelines present??

Thanks for your valid time

I have none at this moment, i did it the R&D way.

Anybody help me. Guide me how to protect online reputation ??

I think the real question is after you use Google Alerts and find a post or comment about your or your site, what do you do.

Some people ignore the posts because you tend to spur on more comments if you fight the bloggers or whomever made the comments.

Others, will aggressively argue and defend themselves and will spend hours and brainpower doing it.

We see a lot of posts about us and I make a judgment call after looking into the traffic of the blog/site, the amount of people posting or ganging up and then if the posted comments are lies or do they have legitimate complaints (we aren't perfect so sometimes they are legitimate). When I post, I only post once, I refute the comments, post to links to information about us that is positive and I make sure everything is very well worded and very concise. What does tend to happen at that point, if it is a busy blog or forum, is that defenders of us start to come out of the proverbial woodwork.

You will lose every time you get into an argument with a forum or blog ... every time. I defend us but I do it very carefully.

You need to make the call how you want to handle it.

Arthur

Good advice from Arthur.

Also, when correcting misinformation at a blog or forum, it's best not to direct the correction at anyone in particular because that usually excites someone's ego and encourages a battle. It's better to direct the correction to people in general. For example, instead of:

"No, you are incorrect about our website, we actually...."

It's better to write something like:

"What we would like people to know is that our website is actually a...."

--E.