Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allinanchor Question

Allinanchor Question

When I visit allinanchor:business for sale my site is about 4th - 5th on the first page of google.com and 2nd on google.com.au (business-trader.com.au)

I know there are many factors that come into play in regards to the serps, but surely my site should be ranking higher than what it currently does? In fact, in google.com.au I am outranked by sites that are obviously less optimised on and off page compared to my site (for my main term "business for sale").

How important or accurate is the allinanchor: process?

Regards

watto
    Peter Watson is the founder and CEO of www.SeoWebsiteDesigns.com.au - Search Engine Optimisation and Web Design Company.

Re: Allinanchor Question

Quote Originally Posted by watto View Post
    How important or accurate is the allinanchor: process?
    Not at all.

It is not listed Advanced Google Search Operators among the best known operators, so Google seemingly don't mean it is so important.

You find it here Google Search Operators - Google Guide though.

I can use the operator like this

allinanchor:internet.com

I was under the impression that "allinanchor:business for sale" listed the sites with the most back links using that anchor text, and seeing as though my site ranks quite high, I can't understand why my site doesn't rank higher in the serps?

As I said, I know there are many factors that come into play, but I feel that the way my site is optimized on and off page, I should rank much higher. Something is holding my site back........

regards

watto
    Peter Watson is the founder and CEO of www.SeoWebsiteDesigns.com.au - Search Engine Optimisation and Web Design Company.

... but I feel that the way my site is optimized on and off page, I should rank much higher. Something is holding my site back........
    Most of us mean that.

And I don't find my main site (second signature link) ranking for:

allinanchor:finance (this Google Finance subsite is the first hit) or

allinanchor:financial (this Yahoo! Finance subsite is the first hit)

even if I have 100's of IBL's to my site from this forum. Should I
    1. Complain to WPW?
    2. To Google?
    Neither for these more specific search terms

inurl:finance

allinurl:finance

<side note>
    Note news are not so important to some economists. Most often news are reported history and already discounted in the market. Some even mean that the market lead the news.
    </side note>

I'm not complaining. I'm simply asking for advice. allinurl will only list sites with the requested keywords in the url. I'm asking about allinanchor.

The reason I am confused is because I am on page 1 in google.com.au for my main term, however I am outranked by sites that are clearly less optimized than my site.

The only advantage these sites have over me is the fact that my site is 4.5 years old and these sites are about 4 years older:

bsale.com.au (this site looks very spammy to me and hasn't even redirect the different variations of the url...index, www, etc)

businessforsale.com.au (very low back links)
    regards

watto

bsale.com.au (this site looks very spammy to me and hasn't even redirect the different variations of the url...index, www, etc)
    There are indications that my-site may be regarded as a more spammy name than mysite. Their design is not the best IMO. Do you regard lack of redirect as spam or optimization?

One important point. As far as I can see their bad contact information is better than on the second site in your signature. I can not see AdSense ads (some regard that as spam and reduce IBL's to the site - perhaps Google not) on that site, that I can on yours. So, please explain in further detail.

businessforsale.com.au (very low back links)
    regards
    Looks good by first impression.

How do you test the number of backlinks?

The redirect is optimization. As mentioned, I said that these sites are not optimized as well as mine.......I think.lol.

Please disregard the second site in my sig. I am only referring to business-trader.com.au .

When checking backlinks I search link:businessforsale.com.au and I also use a SEOElite.

Regards

watto

When checking backlinks I search link:businessforsale.com.au and I also use a SEOElite.
    My bolding. On Google?

That is not regarded as the best tool, since not all back links are counted.

There are alternatives:
    1. On my site: Global resources for webmarketing, branding and digital ad at AdSchoolworld.com
    2. Click "links" in the upper right corner.
    3. Page search (CTRL + F) : Backlink analysers

It is telling me that the backlink analysers are no longer available to the public.

When comparing businessforsale.com.au v's business-trader.com.au , do you get a better result with businnessforsale.com.au ?

watto