Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Onsite SEO Dying Down?

Is Onsite SEO Dying Down?

Iíve started playing around a Little the last couple weeks with some new sites as well as a couple blogs and to be totally truthful Iíve not spent much time with onsite SEO. I set the blogs up to pull the title and meta tags from the article header and use the same text in the sites url and thatís about it.
    Itís all automated

The sites are getting good traffic and doing what I designed them to do without my having to do onsite SEO.

Then I saw this article Is Onsite SEO Dying Down? and got to thinking about it. I donít think it is dying but do not feel it is needed either. Maybe a little sprinkle here and there but that is about the extent of it.

Wondering what everyone else thinks about it.

Re: Is Onsite SEO Dying Down?

The automation you did is actually basic SEO which is often responsible for 80% of the results you get. Since you mostly work on your own websites I guess you don't get to work with many client websites that were build by people that don't know SEO exists. In these cases you'll find that on-site SEO works very very well.
    FREE SEO ! Really? YES! All you have to do is implement it!
    Follow me on Twitter PeterIMC

Quote Originally Posted by Peter (IMC) View Post
    The automation you did is actually basic SEO which is often responsible for 80% of the results you get. Since you mostly work on your own websites I guess you don't get to work with many client websites that were build by people that don't know SEO exists. In these cases you'll find that on-site SEO works very very well.
    In a case where an older site has had zero on site SEO done to it I can see how the site would benefit.

1. If the site has good navigation and has sprinkled a little SEO into it over the years, I don't see getting much benefit from on site SEO.

2. If the site does not have any or very few incoming links, I don't see getting much benefit from on site SEO.

3. If it is a small site with only a couple pages, I don't see getting much benefit from on site SEO.

4. If it is a blog that is set up correctly, I don't see getting much benefit from on site SEO.

99% of websites are not optimized,... Probably more.

Onsite SEO is more than just code, structure and links. After that part is done you get to the level of the content optimization. There you can gain as well.

But I have to admit, in few cases you actually get to that point because it requires an understanding that is difficult to transmit to others.
    FREE SEO ! Really? YES! All you have to do is implement it!
    Follow me on Twitter PeterIMC

Quote Originally Posted by Peter (IMC) View Post
    99% of websites are not optimized,... Probably more.

Onsite SEO is more than just code, structure and links. After that part is done you get to the level of the content optimization. There you can gain as well.

But I have to admit, in few cases you actually get to that point because it requires an understanding that is difficult to transmit to others.
    My thinking is this.

Good content, good internal links and lots of external links will win out every time.

Good content, good internal links and lots of external links will win out every time.
    Absolutely.

I've long since abandoned trying to stay up on the latest SEO trends, and have focussed my attention on building lean, efficient sites with lots of good content.

But good content and good internal links ARE onsite SEO.

Let's face it, if you do anything to your site that will help in the SERPs you are doing SEO. You may not be down and dirty balancing keyword percentages etc etc but you are still doing what needs to be done to rank well.

This is like saying there is no need for good grammar and spelling when writing a book.

Content is still King. I think the search engines are getting too savvy to the SEO techniques being used, and pay more and more attention to true content.
    Accept Credit Cards Anywhere!
    www.merchantanywhere.com

Quote Originally Posted by janeth View Post
    My thinking is this.

Nope you have 2 out of three correct the third is totally overblown. I don't have any trouble placing sites and have never begged for links er... did link development. I can do more with the content on the site then anyone can beggin' links and doing Social Networking and blogs. That kind of content rarely gets links from authority they get a lot of low quality links. I'll take a few quality/authority links over 100's of low traffic IBL's. Take the time you spend begging for links and build content and sticky items that generate links with no effort on your part. If you have to ask then... you don't deserve the link and the benefit will disappear with the next link algo update.
    I'm a Founder of SEOPros SEO Consultant Directory
    Partner in the SEO Training Dojo voted the top SEO community by TopRank Blog!

Follow me on Twitter!

On-site SEO is actually still very important. Content can be re-arranged to achieve certain goals. For example depending on which keywords you use in your Title tag, and the order of the keywords can make a big difference when it comes down to rankings.

Also, keyword targeting within your body can also help increase your rankings for certain keywords of your choice.