Thankss for your reply Kgun.....so far I have only received one reminder letter, so maybe if I start getting threatening letters (which seems to be the norm for this company) I can take it further....just feel annoyed at myself for getting conned, I'm not easily duped! There is a group on Facebook too and I have been reading other people's stories, and I think you are right, best to ignore!
They will not stop before someone bring them to court.
- Do like me, when you get a letter from them throw it in the trash can without opening it and forget them.
- Repeat 1 on every letter you get.
- I even got their CD and catalogue.
- The more than 1 kg catalogue package was opened the same day I travelled to Sweden for shopping.
- I threw it in a trash can in Sweden.
- I said to my son (that has only one year left on his law study) that I did not want such garbage in Norway.
- Keep it in EU where it came form, since they can not handle the problem.
- A man from Ireland was threathened on his life. See some of my first posts.
- Go to your local police if you are afraid.
I did the same as Joanna41 and today I received the 3rd reminder letter from them.
I feel a bit stupid since I went for the scam. But after reading this I will not pay. I'll ignore the letters from now on. I just sent them an email asking them to stop sending me letters, but now Im a bit afraid they will harrass me forever. Or threath me.
I live in norway, so I don't think they will come to my home. Have they done anything like that before??
Im a bit worried now, since I have kids.
Lady in Oslo.
Hi my situation is that I received at work theit was forms, fill them up and signed. I thought I was just sending a change of details for the company I'm working for and now I'm in deep trouble....
I do not have authority to sign any document in behalf of the company and I didn't use the stapm of the company..... I have explained the situation to my boss and I fear now loosing my job, what can I do?
I did exactly the same SMH - thought I was just sending a change of details to a free listing. I was worried at first but now I don't care! They have sent me 3 requests to pay, each letter with different bank details (Strange!!!!), I have ignored each letter, I was also sent a "debt collectors" letter...I ignored it, its all filed away for reference. I have since been sent a "1st" invoice for insertion in the next edition of the ECG which I didn't ask for!! Don't be afraid, I have taken comfort in knowing that there are quite a few of us out there who have been taken in by these idiots. Tell your boss what you have done, I did and she was fine, and just do as Kgun says....IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE. I have not been called by them yet, but I am ready to hang up the phone when they do.
Last edited by joanna41; 01-27-2011 at 07:10 AM.