Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Follow links for the Internal Pages

Talking No Follow links for the Internal Pages

Hi,

Here iam implementing the new method for my website promotion. My site has the page rank of 4 and we have
    back links around 100. But google is showing only internal pages as back links.

So i want to use the nofollow links for the internal pages with that Google or any other search engine can show only backs which are coming from other sites.

Please tell me is this good one. But iam sure this will work out

Regards
    Subhash
    subhzash@gmail.com

Re: No Follow links for the Internal Pages

I don't understand why you want to do this... internal links are a good thing. If you nofollow all the internal links that google is counting you will potentially orphan your pages and lose your rankings.

Don't worry about what google shows in a link:domain.com search, it's just a random sample. Webmaster Central gives you a more accurate indication of your back links, or alternatively use Yahoo Site Explorer.
    Top 5 SEO - internet marketing and SEO tips
    85 SEO Facts, Myths & Theories… Confirmed Or Busted! - a detailed analysis of some of the most widely held (and disputed) beliefs in SEO
    Follow Me On Twitter: @top5seo

Thindenim is right on target! Your internal links tell the search engines what else in on your site other than the index page.

I would nofollow some links if they exist such as a login link or a view cart link. Those pages don't add much if any value to the content of your site as far as search is concerned. I try to keep search engines out of almost all "admin" areas of a site mostly to keep the clutter down in what a SE indexes.

This post is a good example of how people may not understand why or how other so called industry experts are using the nofollow thread. Please see these threads for more information on nofollow.

http://www.webproworld.com/search-en...ting-work.html
    What Is PR Scuplting And Does It Work? - Search Marketing & SEO Blog from Cincinnati, Ohio

Exclamation Re: No Follow links for the Internal Pages

Quote Originally Posted by incrediblehelp View Post
    This post is a good example of how people may not understand why or how other so called industry experts are using the nofollow thread. Please see these threads for more information on nofollow.

http://www.webproworld.com/search-en...ting-work.html
    What Is PR Scuplting And Does It Work? - Search Marketing & SEO Blog from Cincinnati, Ohio

U mean i am wrong??

Smile Re: No Follow links for the Internal Pages

Quote Originally Posted by thindenim View Post
    I don't understand why you want to do this... internal links are a good thing. If you nofollow all the internal links that google is counting you will potentially orphan your pages and lose your rankings.

Don't worry about what google shows in a link:domain.com search, it's just a random sample. Webmaster Central gives you a more accurate indication of your back links, or alternatively use Yahoo Site Explorer.
    Thanks for your reply. Most of the search engines read the whole website links by using the sitemap. I never kept nofollow for the sitemap links.

I hope sitemap is more than enough for any search engine to index the site

Your pages may get indexed from the sitemap, but they are likely to end up in the supplimental index. You should interlink your pages as much as possible, both through navigation and contextual links (in content) where possible.
    Top 5 SEO - internet marketing and SEO tips
    85 SEO Facts, Myths & Theories… Confirmed Or Busted! - a detailed analysis of some of the most widely held (and disputed) beliefs in SEO
    Follow Me On Twitter: @top5seo

Smile Re: No Follow links for the Internal Pages

Quote Originally Posted by thindenim View Post
    Your pages may get indexed from the sitemap, but they are likely to end up in the supplimental index. You should interlink your pages as much as possible, both through navigation and contextual links (in content) where possible.
    I dont this what you have suggested is quality method. How can you say that through the sitemap only supplemental index is possible.

Actual method of search engine indexing takes place from the sitemap only. Once if any page indexed in search engines can not change if it indexed many times through the navigations links or contextual links.

Regards
    Subhash
    subhzash@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by subhzash View Post
    I dont this what you have suggested is quality method. How can you say that through the sitemap only supplemental index is possible.

Actual method of search engine indexing takes place from the sitemap only. Once if any page indexed in search engines can not change if it indexed many times through the navigations links or contextual links.
    Internal linking is one of the most important SEO factors.

Every internal link (text or navigation) to a page tells the search engine something about that page, whether it is the link text or the amount of links. You should link heavily to your best content in an effort to "push" the bots in a certain direction and effectively tell them what you consider to be the most important pages. You should also use keyword rich text links with each pages in bound links following its own keyword theme. Less important content requires less links and links to pages such as login or view cart can have no follow attributes because they are completely irrelevant to SEO practices.

What Thindenim is trying to say is that by adding the no follow attribute to your internal links and only leaving the site map with standard links you are actually cancelling out all the benefits of an internal link hierarchy. Am i right thin?
    My LinkedIn Profile -- Lancaster Builder

Twitter: @mattbennettseo

Quote Originally Posted by subhzash View Post
    U mean i am wrong??
    Incrediblehelp is absolutely right. Stay away from that bloody attribute.
    There is a forum member here who was advised to implement it in his/her online shop and because he/she was relying on organic search results, ran out of business.

So be careful.
    John S. Britsios, Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | SEO Workers | Webnauts Net