Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: google exclusion question

google exclusion question

a site of mine has been excluded from googles index after several years with #1 rankings. i have no idea why it was excluded, i am not a webmaster, but the site doesn't totaly suck and i really don't know why it's been banned.

anyway, my question is if anybody has any advice about the reinclusion request process? i don't know what i need to change before requesting reinclusion, but i changed a couple page titles as a couple were repeated, but i don't see any problems in the site.

All-Game Taxidermy New Jersey's Premier Taxidermist Studio For Over 20 Years.

Re: google exclusion question

Which expressions were you previously ranking for?

Are you currently using Google's Webmaster Tools to see when you were last spidered and if there are errors or problems spidering your pages? The webmaster tools also allow you to submit for re-inclusion.

I'm also not sure how the spiders will read the first line of your robots.txt file. Comments generally follow at the end of directive lines.

Send me a PM if you need some help.

after checking about the leading comment in the robots.txt file it appears that this is acceptable......

I would get rid of line 1 and line 3 from your robots.txt file. Although they are acceptable, spiders may not parse these lines correctly. Especially the empy Disallow, followed by an explicit disallow.
    The best way to learn anything, is to question everything.
    WigeDev - Freelance web and software development

I think it's because of the thousands of pages and hundreds of subdomains that look like they where created with a page generator:
    https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.co...etaxidermy.com

I would clean those up first and then submit a request for reinclusion:
    How do I request reconsideration of my site?

well that site explorer link shows a bunch of stuff that i can't explain. any idea what is all that stuff or where it came from? or what to do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinembe View Post
    a site of mine has been excluded from googles index after several years with #1 rankings. i have no idea why it was excluded, i am not a webmaster, but the site doesn't totaly suck and i really don't know why it's been banned.

anyway, my question is if anybody has any advice about the reinclusion request process? i don't know what i need to change before requesting reinclusion, but i changed a couple page titles as a couple were repeated, but i don't see any problems in the site.

All-Game Taxidermy New Jersey's Premier Taxidermist Studio For Over 20 Years.
    I would suggest an empty robots.txt file although your one looks perfectly correct I have always thought it better to not exclude anything when it comes to getting site indexed better to have all of it than miss out the part you wanted included.
    historical information links re uk and usa
    http://www.ssrichardmontgomery.com

This is perfectly normal. Spammy websites are blacklisted as soon as they are found so is yours. Clean it first and ask to be included again.

Why do you have a class labeled as "hide"?

Dave

Running it through a few SEO tools the following results are interesting. (nod to Webnauts)

-----------------------------------
    Title:

Warning: The Title relevancy to page content is 73% which is poor.

Description:

Error: This tag contains too many characters. This tag contains 209 characters. This is too many for what we would consider a 'robot friendly' web page. The maximum number of characters we recommend for this tag is 200. Please keep in mind that most search engines will display no more than the first 160 characters (including spaces) of this tag.

The Description relevancy to page content is 90%, which is very good.

Keywords:

Warning: This tag contains too many keywords. This tag contains 13 keywords. This is too many for what we would consider a 'robot friendly' web page. The maximum number of keywords we recommend for this tag is 8.

Warning: The keywords tag contain stop words. The keyword(s) 'in' are stop words and ignored by the most search engines.

Warning: The keywords relevancy to page content is 62%, which is very poor.

--------------------------------------------

All the above may not be an issue, especially the keywords but I would tighten up the Decription and Title

I am also wondering if your use of white text over a black background over a white background and black text over a white background over a black background might be tripping a "hidden" text flag

Also your anchor tags and alt image tags are a mess.....you number 1 achor tag is "contact"

The site needs a good SEO scrubbing to focus one what your trying to sell and what people are searching