Want to improve your placement in Google's Enhanced Search Engine Results? Be sure to check out the Enhanced Image Search functionality now available in Webmaster Tools!
(You'll need a Google Account to be able to opt in to the program.)
The Google Image Labeler is a hoot! You can participate as a guest or choose your own nickname. Give it a shot!
Google Image Labeler
How does it work?
You'll be randomly paired with a partner who's online and using the feature. Over a two-minute period, you and your partner will:
- View the same set of images.
- Provide as many labels as possible to describe each image you see.
- Receive points when your label matches your partner's label. The number of points will depend on how specific your label is.
- See more images until time runs out.
After time expires, you can explore the images you've seen and the websites where those images were found. And we'll show you the points you've earned throughout the session.
- You may click the "pass" button if you can't think of any more labels for an image. If you and your partner both click "pass," you'll see the next image but receive no points for the passed image
- You'll receive more points for matches with more descriptive labels. For example, this image can be described by the labels: sky (50 points), bird (60 points), soaring (120 points), or frigate bird (150 points).
What do you need to participate?
Just an interest in helping Google improve the relevance of image search for users like yourself. If you log in to your Google account, we will keep track of your points for you. You may also enter a nickname, but we do not require either a nickname or a login to use Google Image Labeler.