Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guest Bloggers

Guest Bloggers

I'm looking into partnering with a few bloggers to write content for our site. Maybe 5-10 bloggers writing a 200/300 word article each a week.

I've been searching round finding good quality writers in our field (fashion, beauty etc) and have got a list of who I would like to contact. Each of the bloggers would have their own profile page and would be free to link back to their own sites, or other sites.

I was wondering what would be the going rate for a guest blogger? I was thinking around £10 a post?

If anyone has any experience in this then I would appreciate feedback.
    Top 5 SEO - internet marketing and SEO tips
    85 SEO Facts, Myths & Theories… Confirmed Or Busted! - a detailed analysis of some of the most widely held (and disputed) beliefs in SEO
    Follow Me On Twitter: @top5seo

Re: Guest Bloggers

Quote Originally Posted by thindenim View Post
    I'm looking into partnering with a few bloggers to write content for our site. Maybe 5-10 bloggers writing a 200/300 word article each a week.

I've been searching round finding good quality writers in our field (fashion, beauty etc) and have got a list of who I would like to contact. Each of the bloggers would have their own profile page and would be free to link back to their own sites, or other sites.

I was wondering what would be the going rate for a guest blogger? I was thinking around £10 a post?

If anyone has any experience in this then I would appreciate feedback.
    No idea about the going rate, but some should be happy to do it for a link, I would think.
    Need to write a love letter to Google? I'm an SEO Copywriter who knows Search Smart Design®. | Travel Gypsy in Key West. | Get the Cyber Key to SEO Web Design.

Yes, I agree with MJTaylor. Establish your blog with some of your posts, and then invite them. If they are popular, and a collection of excellent people would be very attracting, then base income on shared ad revenue. When you get hits, and you will if properly marketed, then it is easy to make income.

I have seen a few blogs grow this way.
    Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach... it pisses me off! I'll go over to a little baby and say 'What are you doing here? You haven't worked a day in your life!'
    Steven Wright

ok but what if your starting a new site?

I'm also "game". You can discover more about me at DiscoverMichael.com if you'd like.

Michael

Do you have other employees or colleagues in the business that would be interested in posting?

How about tapping the younger generation for fashion reviews?

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to target several of the fashion colleges in the UK, and have got several high quality bloggers onside so far. Perhaps guest bloggers wasn't quite the correct term because I really want to have about 10 regular contributors, so it's almost like a magazine.

Monday - x writes about hair care
    Tuesday - x writes about celebrities
    Wednesday - x writes about natural beauty tips
    Thursday - x writes about....

To clarify, this will be on our girls night site, so the aim is to drive traffic, gain links and ultimately increase sales of actual products. We won't be selling any advertising, certainly not initially, although I guess no one can predict the future.
    85 SEO Facts, Myths & Theories… Confirmed Or Busted! - a detailed analysis of some of the most widely held (and disputed) beliefs in SEO

Is there some where I could send you a sample? How many words are you looking for? I've been a freelance writer for over 15+ years...

I've seen numbers like 1-2US per post.

I would imagine the 1/2 dollars would be for just posting a large amount of posts. I'm looking for one high quality article a week, which would probably take about an hour to write, so I think £10 ($20) is fair.

KAN, you can send me an email to blogs@girlznight.co.uk