Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Water the future coal.

Water the future coal.

I watch a program about how energy from water is used to produce hydrogen that fuels a bus on Iceland.

It is the first bus in the world that is driven by hydrogen produced by waterfalls. The waste from the bus is water.

In the future a supertanker may cross the Atlantic driven on 1 litre water.

It is estimated that Iceland will produce 3 million times their own need for energy.

In the future a whole world may be driven on water and not a single island.

Did you know that people on Iceland are "Western Norwegians" (their language is closest to original Norwegian) and when Nato left the country some months ago, Russia has promised to defend the country (again according to a Tv program).

P.S. We speak provincial Danish
    Hidden Content :: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Conversations creates communities and conversions create profit.

Re: Water the future coal.

Is this really news?

Ford Motor Company launched their hydrogen powered shuttle bus in March of 2005 and have been testing them all over the world ever since.

Hydrogen Fuel Technology and Research - Ford

I know, the nano point is that hydrogen is produced by renewable energy, waterfalls that there are very much of on Iceland. I did not tell that there is already a station where Hydrogen are filled to supply the bus. May be more has happended since the Tv program was made.

And Sweden is in the front on producing environmental friendly diesel from wood.

Windmills:
    Thare are some of them in Norway, along the coast, but they are very bad for the environment, since a lot of rare havÝrn's that are threatened by extinction are killed by the blades of the mills. So windmills, in their current form, are not the solution in that part of Norway.
    Hidden Content

For the benefit of any English-speakers with the crazy idea that they should be able to understand what's written in an English-language forum, a havÝrn is the Norwegian (and Danish) name for a white-tailed eagle, but, to be on the safe side, you'd better start learning Norwegian (otherwise he may feel the need to look words up, and that wouldn't be fair, would it) ?
    Why can't I be different and original - like everybody else ?
    Hidden Content

If kgun translated everything he typed, how the heck would we ever learn any Danish, Dutch, Norwegian or Swedish??

Reading his posts are challenging, informative and educational, not unlike the crossword in the Sunday paper.

Quote Originally Posted by kgun View Post
    .......since a lot of rare havÝrn's that are threatened by extinction are killed by the blades of the mills.
    How many is a lot ? The blades on Norwegian windmills must spin like fans, if they're too fast for a lot of eagles to miss.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by thehappysmoker View Post
    How many is a lot ? The blades on Norwegian windmills must spin like fans, if they're too fast for a lot of eagles to miss.
    They spin with a natural speed of 250 Km/hour.

On average one per month, but that average will decline as more and more are killed.

The wind mills were set up in an area with the worlds most dense population of "havÝrns". Now it is not.

You used the world "criminal" about Norwegian gas production.

IMO, this is criminal and not "criminal". It is illegal / criminal to take eggs from these eagle's nest, but not to kill adult eagles, as long as it is done by the government's / blessing (as part of their research). A high density of nests are (was) situated in the same are. Female eagles directly killed. How many are indirectly killed? The left parties are among the worst (to your information, I vote social democratic), since they only see KW hours from green energy, but living animals are not part of that green energy.

Note: I once thought of studying ornithology, so this really hurts my heart. I do not know whether it is a problem in Denmark where about 20 % of the energy supply come from Wind mills. Probably not, since that area is not the natural area for these beautiful birds. What about another exciting bird, the stork (isn't it Denmark's national bird like our fossekall??) Are they killed by windmills? You may know, I do not. The stork is nearly extincted in Denmark as far as I know.

May be they kill some seaguls, but there is no lack of seaguls in Norway and I think not in Denmark either. Seaguls, rats, foxes and sparrows increase proportionally with human activity. Other animal populations like eagles, decrease proportionally with human activity.

Other animals have to suffer to satisfy the greed of homo sapiens.

You asked how deep Norway can drill in another thread? I can pose a related question, does homo sapiens have the sole right to this beautiful planet?

Research on ocean wave energy, that may be better for the environments in that part with strong wind and high waves are given up in Norway and sold to a large Scottish company.

The worst of all: The government was warned by ornithologists.

<off topic>
    P.S. You know my children are half Danish and I love Denmark, even if every Danish woman / man see right through me, like we do through you. Norwegians are bragging because they need it, 400 years in a Union with Denmark, that fooled us by selling bacon to UK and then they sold us to the Swedes as part of a peace agreement. Hundred years in a union with Sweden, and now EU want us as member in a new union.

Can you think of a more beautiful picture than a small Danish farm with animals, storks and a stork nest on the roof?

Yes, if you visit me, I will be in the mountains, and if I visit you, you will probably sit on your farm drinking bayer. Bragging again. It is according to our former Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland typical Norwegian to be good (god). I will change that to selfgood (selvgod). Again bragging

But Greenland, the only country that has left EU as far as I know, where the Eskimos talk Danish, have with increased Global warming and ice melting much larger potential then Iceland. Greenland, with kms, thick glaciers, have 10 % of the worlds store of fresh water.

When will we start populating space and export water to the moon and mars, as part of human settlement there? If we continue to destroy our planet and estinct other species, it may in a distant future be better to live there than on the earth. But in 4 000 000 000 years the moon and the earth will disappear in an expanding sun, before it becomes a super nova and ends as a white dwarf or a black whole. According to Stephen Hawking white dwarfs are not so white and black wholes not so black. Then, if there is still human beings, that I doubt, they may have left our galaxy. There are billions of them, perhaps better than our own with enough energy and space.

There is no lack of energy, there is no lack of space. There is lack of technology to produce real green energy and enough food to supply all of us. The best soultion to over population is to educate people, that is learn them fishing in stead of giving them fish.

The real challenge is technology. I am a technology optimist, but a socio political pessimist because of human nature. But humans have like seaguls, rats, sparrows, foxes etc. a remarkable ability to adapt, so may be a socio political realist is a better word.
    </off topic>
    Hidden Content

Look, we on land that grows crops, we have a technology called 'scarecrows' that keeps the birds back from the area. We will sell it to you for your technology. We still use backwards technology here, like making pollution as fast as we can by driving pick-up trucks and SUVes to drive one block to the store to get milk, or just because you have a small pecker and need to be mans! The rule is this: only one driver and no passengers per vehicle!

I drove in a Hybrid the other day, it's momentum was used to charge the batteries, and it was quit nice, actually.
    When will we start populating space and export water to the moon and mars, as part of human settlement there?
    Yeah, and we will have to be launching shuttles every few seconds to carry people off earth. We have a pop. of 7 billion soon. The average crude birth rate for the entire world is 20.3 births per 1,000 population for 2005 - 2010. 7 billion divided by 1000 = 7 million x 20 = 140 million divided by 5 28 million per year or 76,700 per day.

How many ships will this take to just keep population here from overwhelming our planet? There 86,400 seconds in a day, so we need to launch a ship carrying 60 people every one minute.
    But Greenland, the only country that has left EU as far as I know, where the Eskimos talk Danish, have with increased Global warming and ice melting much larger potential then Iceland. Greenland, with kms, thick glaciers, have 10 % of the worlds store of fresh water.
    You live nice place, I will try to visit one day, then we brag and drink. I would like that, we could talk many hours. How long has greenland ice, though? 2050, all gone.
    Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach... it pisses me off! I'll go over to a little baby and say 'What are you doing here? You haven't worked a day in your life!'
    Steven Wright

This has to be the easiest place on the board to moderate. It's like visiting a funny farm - If 'One flew over the cuckoos nest' was made into a soap.

This would be it

So why, earthlings - if Diesel can be produced (In the UK it's from rape seed) so cheaply why do we pay more tax on it than petrol??

Quote Originally Posted by kgun View Post
    Eskimos talk Danish
    Denmark gave Greenland a lot of stuff it never had before. Not just pollution. There was also venereal disease, alcoholism, domestic violence, unemployment, cultural repression, forced evacuation of large stretches of land (so that the Americans could build their nuclear devices).........the list goes on and on.
    Hidden Content