Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love About SEO?

What Do You Love About SEO?

I started out as a web designer. I had a decent eye for layout but no great skill in graphic design. Fortunately my first employer taught me something about SEO – which was called search engine optimization then. I took a class online from Robin Nobles, and fell in love with this challenging aspect of web development.

Why? Because it appeals to my competitive nature, I suppose, and because I love to write (or edit) almost as much as I love to talk. I also love the constant change, the challenge can be stressful, but I am always being forced to learn something new and to stretch my skills.

What do you love about SEO?
    Need to write a love letter to Google? I'm an SEO Copywriter Hidden Content Search Smart Design®. | Travel Gypsy in Hidden Content . | Get the Hidden Content to SEO Web Design.

Re: What Do You Love About SEO?

I am in awe of the guys that can create websites, I love to read the technical aspects of the various and highly talented posters we have here in WPW.

But - boy am I glad that I am not technical - I guess I simply see SEO and SEM as one and the same thing - something changes (bought links) and I say 'Thank goodness I never did' but I can imagine the panic in some peoples eyes today - 'Have I got any paid links'? Diving in to the technical side of the site and deleting, deleting, checking SERP.

SEO is changing, blame the forums

I really have no idea, to be honest... I've always loved computers and the internet and I adore writing and text in general. Even writing in this little forum box gives me a real buzz!

The buzz of trying and testing new techniques and trying to make a site as natural as possible is something that really appeals to me and I get great pleasure out of on-page optimisation. Sad, but true!

I see SEO as just a sub category for SEM. What I love best about it is the fact it is an ever evolving industry. Techniques might work one day, and the next they are worthless or in some cases harmful.
    Steve -Hidden Content Hidden Content - Building internet businesses one site at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
    I started out as a web designer. I had a decent eye for layout but no great skill in graphic design. Fortunately my first employer taught me something about SEO – which was called search engine optimization then. I took a class online from Robin Nobles, and fell in love with this challenging aspect of web development.

Why? Because it appeals to my competitive nature, I suppose, and because I love to write (or edit) almost as much as I love to talk. I also love the constant change, the challenge can be stressful, but I am always being forced to learn something new and to stretch my skills.

What do you love about SEO?

The way I'm challenged to compete others through keywords and ranking it to SERPs...

That's what I love about SEO...

I too started out as a web designer and only last year turned it into a separate service when it got more involved.

I love writing anyway, but I have found that I love making a difference to people's businesses (which has been good so far).
    Deb Harrison
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    If I have helped please add to my Reputation

I'm primarily a graphic designer with a focus on Web site design. SEO is interesting to me. However, I'm honest with myself about not having the time to master it and stay on top of it, so I don't attempt to offer SEO services professionally. In general, however, I prefer Web site design to print design because it's always changing and even after 13 years of it, there's always something new to learn.
    Suzanne Stephens, Custom Design for Point2 Real Estate Web Sites
    Hidden Content

I love telling a client I can get their site to the top and doing it!

Knocking other people out of the top terms!

Getting bonuses!

Everything SEO has afforded me!!!!!!!

oh

And being # 1 silly

I love building search rankings. Watching them grow is addictive, and I check them like it's an addiction on some sites - especially where we are trying something unique versus trenched-in competitors!

Thumbs down Re: What Do You Love About SEO?

I have been doing it on and off for years and the truth is
    I HATE IT....

I like making pieces of Art and Architecturial Products for use in the real
    world where the the consumer sees, touches and compliments me on it when comparing it side by side with my competitors.

And anyone who has seen a computer system I have written in the past has thought they are elegant and effacable and referred me for more business.

Essentially I develop a product and advertise it in a few places and the those who have liked it have flocked to my door.

Now with the internet your exposure gets diluted by inferior product with a better writer and/or budget to place them ahead of you in search engines supposed natural listings.

The opnly reason I do it is because my competitors copy my products, and information and then hijack my intellectual property and sales because of it.

Get real unless you are selling SEO services or written material this is a real waste of monetary and work hour resources for other businesses.

I really long for the days when Yahoo was a structured direcory you drilled down through and was not taking search results by keyword density.