Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW To SEO

NEW To SEO

Hi all

i have recently started learning SEO. I heard by someone that we can use our articles to get high traffic to our websites and to increase PR too.

I do not know much about that. But i have written an article on Corporate Identity and published it on Squidoo.com. I wanted to promote a website by that article but i did not get any traffic from that article.

Can any SEO give the suggestions. How we use articles to increase website traffic or to get higher PR on google?

Re: NEW To SEO

Firstly Welcome to Web Pro World

First things first, place your site (URL) in your sig, that will help us all take a look see - we have a site review section and that is well worth the visit.

Forget everything you have heard about PR - Most people refer to the PR on their browser -That is Toolbar PR - out of date nonsense - a gimmick. Take a look at all the stickies - Webnauts, Incrediblehelp, NEo1 and loads of others. Read up on them and enjoy your stay.

There are some great ways to get traffic to your site using articles and content. The key is that it won't happen overnight, and it won't happen with one item. You must work over the period of months to build solid, and authoritative content on the subject you are most familiar with.

As mentioned above, there are some great stickies in this forum that will get you started with SEO and traffic generation via articles. One thing I don't see mentioned much is that this is not a short term project. It has to be a long term objective with a daily workflow.

There are a few things you can do to ensure your web site is properly optimized and your content will then start getting noticed.

1. Get a site review done, make sure you're site is layed out as well as it can be.
    2. Begin writing Content on your site, post an article a week, or day or as often as you can. Focus on content that a client or visitor would really be quite interested in.
    3. Get involved in the community surrounding your business. If there are networks for the business model, or forums, or help sections. Get involved and offer your advice.

To get you started, check out my article on 25 Pieces that make up a solid web site. This is a small article outlining a solid structure to a web site. Follow this and you'll give your web site a nice foundation for success. No rocket science here, just putting the basics in one place.
    We offer a total eCommerce solution with eCommerce Web Design using Pinnacle Cart

That deserved a click for weslinda

Yes it is a long term thing. It can take ages - but once the natural results start coming in then a smile will appear on your face.

Stick to it. I've just made a post on 'Think Searcher' I hope you get the idea

David

Thanks to both of you. I checked the article referred by Weslinda. It is really effective, I like it. More I need to know is:

1: Can we submit one article on multiple websites? Or Google will mark it as duplicate content if we do that so?

2: My website is about Logo designing. We offer different logo designing packages on that site. Sorry I am restricted to show that site rite now. Can you review my article/lense on squidoo if I send URL? Or is there any other article review Forum where I should post the article?

3: Can you please suggest me the best places for article submission where I submit my article and improve my business relevant traffic?

there is one good here: articlesubmitter.imwishlist.com/ check it out
    Google Website Positioning (searches through 1000 positions)

Quote Originally Posted by LogoDesignExpert View Post
    Thanks to both of you. I checked the article referred by Weslinda. It is really effective, I like it. More I need to know is:

1: Can we submit one article on multiple websites? Or Google will mark it as duplicate content if we do that so?

2: My website is about Logo designing. We offer different logo designing packages on that site. Sorry I am restricted to show that site rite now. Can you review my article/lense on squidoo if I send URL? Or is there any other article review Forum where I should post the article?

3: Can you please suggest me the best places for article submission where I submit my article and improve my business relevant traffic?

1 I assume you mean blogs? Well my suggestion would be to see what blogs are being picked up by Google for the keyword and then submit to 2 and no more, that way you are doing yourself and the 2 blogs a favour.

2 I would need to know why you are restricted

3 has been well replied to

While you can certainly submit to numerous sites, answering questions in a related forum and providing a small link to the article can turn out to be better in the long term. Especially as WPW is gaining in traffic, I've found that I'm seeing more traffic to my blog and we're just getting started. If you can answer someone's question with your article, that is the best way to build authority for yourself and improve your reputation in your industry.
    We offer a total eCommerce solution with eCommerce Web Design using Pinnacle Cart

There's some really good content related SEO tricks on our latest PodCast over at the Beginning SEO Podcast (seo podcast in my sig)

Wrmineo is AWESOME and knows what he's talking about... try his techniques

I'm addicted to Placebo's... I'd quit, but it wouldn't matter.

MIND Development. Design. SEO. |Top SEO Consultants

Quote Originally Posted by ctabuk View Post
    1 I assume you mean blogs? Well my suggestion would be to see what blogs are being picked up by Google for the keyword and then submit to 2 and no more, that way you are doing yourself and the 2 blogs a favour.

2 I would need to know why you are restricted

3 has been well replied to
    1: No, i did not mean blogs. i am just asking either if i can submit one article on multiple article submission directories or duplicate content issue will arise in this case.

2: I am restricted because i will have to ask my boss before i submit his website for review.

3: Thanks to you and any more suggestions regarding this?