Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The mobile revolution

The mobile revolution

Apples: Apple - iPhone

Sony Ericsson's K800 and K850i, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications

Nokia's N95 Nokia - Nokia on the Web

has already revolutionized mobile phones, mobile blogging and mobile surfing.

Now

HTC www.htc.com

promising a (new?) mobile-revolution in two weeks.

Video and image blogging Sony Ericsson - Picture blogging has not been easier.

"How do I send pictures to a blog?
    You can send pictures to publish in a blog, if your subscription supports it. For more information, please contact your Service provider.

1. Take a picture, when viewing the picture, press "More" and select Blog this.
    For first time use, please follow the instructions that appear.

Or if you want to blog a previousely taken picture:

Go to Menu > File manager > Camera album. Select a picture and press "View" then "More" and select Send > To blog.

2. Add title and text and press "Publish" to send the picture to your blog.

Note: The first time you blog a picture, a text message is sent to your phone, with your blog address and log-in information. You can forward the your blog address to others to view your blog page photos".

Source:
    Sony Ericsson

Related links:
    Engadget Mobile

Related WPW threads:

http://www.webproworld.com/web-progr...real-easy.html

http://www.webproworld.com/graphics-...le-surfer.html

The future mobile phone (Norwegian text only): Slik blir fremtidens mobiltelefon - Amobil.no

A good technological platform for developing mobile applications:

JavaFX

Re: The mobile revolution

Today when I should update my Opera browser to version 9.21, I noted that Opera Mini , the award-winning and fastest browser for mobile phones have RSS functionality. When you connect with Opera Mini, all updates are one click away. Among the features it offers is multi-search, a predefined range of search engines.

You should also be aware of the Opera Mini Simulator to check out how your Web page looks on a small screen.

Additional links:

MY OPERA Community

Opera mini forum

With a modern mobile phone with a good video / photo camera, you can now travel around the world as freelance journalist and upload news stories directly to your blog and / or CMS and syndicate it to the world.

Strike Iron is the global marketplace for Web Services. Now they have launched:

StrikeIron Global SMS Pro Web Service that let you Instantly send single or bulk SMS messages to any mobile phone.

Getting started with Derby.

"Derby is an open source, fully functional relational database management system. It supports many of the features found only in high-end, commercial database engines, such as transactions. Derby itself is written in Java, so it is amenable to the needs of Java programmers. Another important Derby attribute is its really light footprint (about 2MB RAM) that obviates the need for very powerful host machines. Indeed, this light footprint means that we can expect to see Derby programs running on low-end, resource-constrained devices such as PDAs, mobile phones, and so on. This will allow for a whole new generation of sophisticated data-centric applications on such devices".

My bolding.

Read more ...

Google storms mobile phone market

"San Francisco/New York, Nov 06: Google Inc said on Monday it would offer a software system to make the Internet work as smoothly on mobile phones as it does on computers, seeking to spur change in a tightly controlled industry".

Also breaking news on CNN: Google delivers free ad-driven software to mobile phones.

iPhones now launched in UK and Germany.

KW's in this new trend:

1. Wireless.
    2. Touch screens (my daughter has got one. Youth are first of course).
    3. Google bringing ad to your hands.
    4. Competition drives prices lower.

Whew, I can't even figure out how to make my TV work anymore....thing has three remotes, one for the TV, one for the cable box and one for the DVD player. If I hit the button for it to go on and I get a blank screen, I walk away right then and there.

The problem with these gadgets is that quite a few of them have fairly steep learning curves. If you don't use the features everyday you actually forget the learning curve. Great example today was my HP printer which ostensibly can scan things. Now, I rarely scan anything, but in the past I have. I hit the scan button on the printer and nothing happened and remembered that I had to go through some process with the software...just was not in the mood to go through that again.

So I too heard about google's future forway into the cellular market. I need 'ad driven software' for my phone like I need a hole in my head.
    Craig Walenta on Google+

I once worked with some young guys on a project for a network company. Those were the days that I had to admit that I am an economist and not an IT professional.
    1. They were able to hold n-people on hold on the phone line. We were 2 at a time supporting 1000 people.
    2. They had two computers.
    3. On one computer they registered information in a database.
    4. The other computer was identical to the clients we were supporting. On that computer some of them (mirc vas the communication plattform back in 1998 ) divided the screen in up to 10 windows where they communicated with different people.
    5. Everything seemed to work seamless.
    Quote Originally Posted by cw1865 View Post
    So I too heard about google's future forway into the cellular market. I need 'ad driven software' for my phone like I need a hole in my head.
    What about piercings? I am too old to get that. Say's classical law of economics say:

"Supply creates its own demand."

Mobile phones can be misused like any other gadget or tool.

Picture video / blogging (by mobile phones) is a threat to some authorieties that we do not like. IMO it is a very important tool in getting publicity on political events.

Short vide clips sent to YouTube and / or Cnn iReport is not what various dictators of the world like. A short video can tell more than a long article.

Interesting observation: Try to observe who does not like (video) blogging.

I like multitasking only in computers. Mobiles have multitasking keypads - one key doubles up as many depending upon the previous keys pressed. I couldn't type out a text message in a mobile with predictive typing in all these years. Mind you I used to rip out a surface mounted 300 pin chip from a board and replace it with a new chip not so long ago. Mending electronics was my first and only job for more than a decade.

cw1865:
    quote]So I too heard about google's future forway into the cellular market. I need 'ad driven software' for my phone like I need a hole in my head.[/quote]
    Couldn't agree more!
    Bandwidth is expensive! Up to $1 for excess data transfer per mb.

People need to use @media css for wml, make it text only and intuitive. Then, you will get visits, and so very much appreciative users.
    Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach... it pisses me off! I'll go over to a little baby and say 'What are you doing here? You haven't worked a day in your life!'
    Steven Wright