Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Web Analytic program?

Best Web Analytic program?

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice. I need a new web analytic program. My company currently uses Click Lab and it costs $750.00 a month. Being in a small business I would like to cut this cost down but get a program that does basically the same thing. Some of the features that I currently have with click lab that I like are:

* Traffic Summary - must have
    * Paid Traffic Summary - must have
    * Search Engines - good to have
    * Keywords - must have
    * Paid Keywords - must have
    * Summary by Date - interesting but not needed
    * Landing Pages - good to have
    * IP Addresses - good to have
    * Click Paths - good to have
    * Actions - good to have, shows requests vs. applications
    * Countries - interesting but not needed

One thing that I would like would be a program that shows the number of conversations from any given campaign. I also would like something that includes click fraud as well. I know Click lab does it all but again I am looking to cut costs.

Thank you,

Statcounter

Mastercheddaar,

take a look at Statcounter. I use where I can and find its cost benefit vastly superior to many other systems. You can get it for free. But an investment of say $25 per month will provide plenty of analytics capacity.
    Simply Clicks | Simply Clicks | UK Search Blog | Travel Thinking | Smarter Search Marketing

IndexTools is the best low-cost package I have seen. It's also recommended by quite a few people in the industry.

analytics

Okay, here's a good one for you........have you thought of trying google analytics??
    It has all the features you're looking for and it's free!!!!!

I second Google analytics. I set it up for all of my clients and when the time comes to do a marketing audit, I have all the info I need and they love it. Google Analytics is the way to go for small business.

Dan Naz
    Integrated Marketing Services
    Apparel Graphic Design
    Puerto Rican Graphic Tees

Google analytics works well for small websites but when you have hundreds of pages and a couple of million page views a month Google analytics will really slow your website's pages way down. My website went from a .7 seconds average load time to 1.8 seconds average load time. I removed Google analytics and it went back to my .7 seconds average.

As you can tell I too would like a great analytics program that isn't out to break my bank. But so far all I have found is a custom programer for $20,000.00 and he did not impress me much.

Hitslink.com

www.hitslink.com, used it for years, good solid package.

I have to second dburdon with Statcounter. I use them on a few of our sites and gives me great info. I cannot track conversions but that is for another subject.

Later,

Michael
    Non Piercing Nipple Jewelry - All the pleasure and none of the pain! - Nipple Rings

IndexTools!

I second Aaron's recommendation of www.IndexTools.com. I now have it up on seven site and am very pleased with its functionality versus price. I particularly like the customizable Dashboard view and the ability to automatically E-mail one or more reports of my choice scheduled as I designate.

I you utilize pay-per-click, IndexTools can log in to your Google or Yahoo (and perhaps other) accounts and update your analytics with your pay-per-click details.

Tracking individual advertising campaigns of all types (banner, E-mail, reciprocal links, etc. is a snap).

IndexTools is not free but is, in my opinion, a bargain for the high end features it offers.

One note, IndexTools pushes their fee based set-up services. This might imply that it's a challenge to implement. I've used four other embedded tracking based stat package and don't find IndexTools any more difficult (or any easier) than any of the others. I be surprised if anyone in this group would have a problem implementing it.

IndexTools has offices on the U.S. and in Europe (Hungary I think). I work odd hours and like the ability to call either location (depending on the time of day or night) for technical support on the rare occasions when I need it. My support experiences have, by the way, always been good.
    Pat Riley

Hello,

Google Analytics is Good but some of the data is not 100% accurate. They also do not allow you to see all of the complete stats as the original Urchin version did.

A Hosted version or downloadable log analyzer version of http://www.clicktracks.com/ is good. I use clicktracks myself.

Webtrends I've heard is good for the hosted version but I've never tried it.

If you want something to host yourself,

Awstats is a free perl program that reads the logfiles if you want something in perl to host yourself. It shows a lot of details, as much as most commercial software.

Just some ideas,
    Chris