Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: IE7 - Vista - Flash - does it work or is my flash broken?

IE7 - Vista - Flash - does it work or is my flash broken?

I've managed to get my (button) in Flash to activate a popup window which works fine on IE6 on XP and Firefox on both XP and Vista, but it doesn't seem to work on IE7 on Vista. Any idea why or is it that horrid Vista problem (ie. being a right pain to use)

Would anyone be able to test for me whether it works OK on IE7 on XP and if poss... anyone with a mac?

The site is at http://www.juddassoc.com/test/www.ge...om/index2.html and there is a flash banner that says Click here for full details.

The code for the button was this:-

on (release){
    getURL ("javascript:window.open('offerproducts.html','pop ped','width=700,height=550,top='+((screen.height/2)-320)+',left='+((screen.width/2)-400)+',toolbar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,me nubar=yes,status=yes,directories=yes,location=yes' ); void(0);");
    }

Ta very much!
    Hidden Content by Gel Creative | Hidden Content by Be Charmed Jewellery | Hidden Content
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Unless you have solved this already,,,,, I'm guessing it's a vista+IE7 problem. Check to make sure that flash is properly installed on your system!
    If not download the complete flash player installer rather than installing from the flash website.

I've seen this issue a few times and that should cure it!