Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Deutschland Question - Haftungshinweis

Deutschland Question - Haftungshinweis

I have been told by our headquarters in Germany that this "Haftungshinweis" is required by German law. My coworker over there tells me that the following statement must be visible on the index page along with any page containing external links...

Haftungshinweis:
    Trotz sorgfältiger inhaltlicher Kontrolle übernehmen wir keine Haftung für die Inhalte externer Links. Für den Inhalt der verlinkten Seiten sind ausschließlich deren Betreiber verantwortlich.

and in english..
    Notice of liability:
    Despite of thorough control of the contents we do not take any responsibility for the content of external links. For the content of linked websites only the operators are liable.

My coworker mentioned that most sites use a pop under as a work around for this law. I absolutly hate pop ups/unders so I am wondering if I could just put a small link in the footer of my site that would bring up a page with this "Haftungshinweis" ?

I have found a few German sites that do this... I just want to make sure this is acceptable to the German law?

WebProWorld MVP
    Although you might get a comment on this, I would urge you to talk to a lawyer for legal advice.
    Design Crux - Hidden Content