• Good

34 35.42%
  • Needs work

42 43.75%
  • Poor

0 0%

Thread: www.laptopxchange.com

www.laptopxchange.com

Please let us know what you think, what do we need to work on.

To view the site click here http://www.laptopxchange.com

thanks guys
    Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
    ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Not a bad site... the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that maybe on products that there is no picture, you could supply a Not Available graphic instead of the empty grey square which houses all of the products. Just a thought.
    Bryan DeNosky

Site Review

Not sure what happened to the site, clicked on a link for Refurbished Compaq Monitors (which refurbished is spelled wrong in the heading of that page by the way) and upon backing out of it received an error page which popped back up in attempted reload of site. Had to back out and enter a thrid time to get back on the site.

Graphics on the homepage need to be checked and all files auto-thumbnailed rather than simply resized. A few were very slow loading, causing the page to load slow, and upon checking their size I found those files at 32 to 66k.

Site is otherwise well contructed and laid out; not ostentatious as most sites of this general nature are.

Rocky
    www.rtfi.us

Thanks guys,we are try to see if we can figure out a way to deal with the images because they are really causing the page to load slow....any ideas?. l liked both your sites, do you guys do your own SEO...
    Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
    ~ Sir Winston Churchill

My husband asked me to bookmark your site for him. I suspect he's going to be doing a little research on your site for his old laptop. :)

The reason your index page is taking so long to download is that your graphics are huge! You've got one that's over 45k and another that's more than 70k and a third image that's over 80k! And that's not including all your images or the weight of the page itself.

You really need to resize your graphics to thumbnails for the index page, then have them link to full-size graphic images. That'll take a lot of the weight form the page, which will save on load time.

HTH!

the only solution we have been thinking about is that we create a static index page that way we can control image size and everything, right now the index page comes direct from our database, the images are uploaded by users so we do not have much control over them.

again thank you guys for your feedback, we really appreciate it!
    ~ Sir Winston Churchill