Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSN Guidelines for successful indexing

Re: MSN Guidelines for successful indexing

Quote Originally Posted by incrediblehelp View Post
    Most of the time the reason the website is not getting index is because it simply doesn't have enough links. Feel free to PM me.
    I see links are very important for Search Engines. As I have problems with getting enough links I'll PM you too.
    Thanks
    G.

Here is a great resource from the Live Search Webmaster blog showing in detail how to best place keywords within the pages of your site. This is part of a series called SEM 101 that walks through the basics of the best practices for SEO and SEM.

**I can't post a link here yet, so you can find the blog entry by searching for "Live Search Webmaster Blog". It's the first organic search result on Live Search.

Another good link is the Live Search Webmaster Crawling/Indexing forum where you can post threads for the Live Search Webmasters directly.

** You can get here by searching for "Webmaster Crawling/Indexing Forum". It's the first organic search result on Live Search.

Quote Originally Posted by ushuiah View Post
    MSN is more on on-page, so focus more on on-page in optimizing your site. But of course, you will still to do off-page optimization.
    Yes, I would agree that MSN is more into On page optimization than Google. Google has moved more towards Site Authority and Site Trust, so maybe MSN will follow.
    ----------------
    <in your signature only please>

What's the secret to Bing rankings? What do you do? What's in your gut that you're following or acting upon that you find creating successful results on Bing? How do you rank higher on Google and Bing at the same time for the same keywords?

Why bother with MSN when Google is king

Quote Originally Posted by SEO Pirate View Post
    Why bother with MSN when Google is king
    Why bother with 10% of the market? Certainly my priority is to rank well in Google, then Yahoo, and then MSN/Bing ... but I do care about that 10%.
    Need to write a love letter to Google? I'm an SEO Copywriter who knows Search Smart DesignŽ. | Travel Gypsy in Key West. | Get the Cyber Key to SEO Web Design.

You can use Yahoo! Site Explorer to see how well they are indexing your site and which sites link at your site. We should follow MSN's Guidelines for Successful Indexing, but they still have a lot of spam in their search results.

According to Bing Guidelines - a website will get indexed only if :

There are no spam backlinks especially from link firms, having no backlinks is better than spam

Create sitemp file and a sitemap index file in both xml and gz. List your sitemap index file in your robots.txt

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sudipdasin View Post
    List your sitemap index file in your robots.txt
    Considering that robots.txt is an exclusionary list - a list of things to not be crawled - why would you want the site map included there?

I hve found somewhere on the net that you can tell MSN where your sitemap is through a special line in your robots.txt file. Has anyone tested whether the MSN indexation after including a sitemap file and that line in robots.txt dramatically improved? Just curious, because anyway we don't get traffic from msn either.