I've been using the CJ Printer Friendly PHP script (www.cj-design.com/products/free_downloads/php_scripts/cjprinterfriendly/) to add a printer friendly Web page print option on selected sites (ie: a link to print only key page content without navigation controls, headers, footers, ads, etc.). CJ Printer Friendly is free and works well but is limited in features.
Does anyone know of a more robust script? For me, the ideal printer friendly script would:
1) Allow definition of one or more start/stop printable regions through embedded comment code blocks.
2) Support an alternate media:print stylesheet for complete printed output format control.
3) Allow a user defined HTML header/footer template to wrap the printed page. There needs to be support for an embedded code in the template to print the full page URL.
4) Provide a configuration option to print or suppress inline images. Ideally, an embedded comment code block would allow printing of selected images (like a location map) if the print inline images option was set to off.
5) Provide a configuration option to replace displayed hyperlink text with the full underlying URL.
6) Provide a configuration option to display the printer friendly page in the same or a new browser window.
7) Provide a configuration option to launch the Windows print dialog box when the printer friendly page is displayed.
8) Preferably written in PHP with Perl as a second choice.
9) Preferably a free script (though I don't mind paying a reasonable amount if the license terms allow the script to be used on multiple sites).
Thanks for your advice.