Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disappeared after adding Analytics?

I does not make sense to be penalized by adding our Google Analytics to our websites.

But something weird is happening in Google because my website jumped from PR0 to PR3 in a matter or days and my position for "Hand Painted Clothing" searching words got higher by doing nothing.

It might be the upgrade.

I does not make sense to be penalized by adding Google Analytics to our websites.

But something weird is happening in Google because my website jumped from PR0 to PR3 in a matter or days and my position for "Hand Painted Clothing" searching words got higher by doing nothing.

It might be the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by lunartcorp
    I does not make sense to be penalized by adding our Google Analytics to our websites.

It might be the upgrade.
    There have been other threads created with regards to the changes to the page rank; plus Matt Cutts, who works for Google, also has posted in his blog about PR as well. As for the site I work for, our pages have gone from PR of 3 to 4 almost site wide, so certainly there has been a lot of PR activities.

As for the ranking changes, if I understood Cutt's blog correctly, it is not directly linked with the changes of PR -- meaning that your rankings have already been independently adjusted before the effects of the PR update have/are currently going through and will continue to be afterwards as well.

Again, I believe your changes in ranking have more to do with an update rather than the addition of the Analytics coding.

Latest update

Ok - heres the latest. I waited the week ( well 6 days) and last night I took out the Google Analytics coding from the site. Checked again tonight and guess what - back to number 2 on Google UK again.

The odd thing is that throughout the Analytics period the home page was appearing in its usual position on Google.com ie around 9/10 for the main key word and the meta description tag was being used. Doing a [site:] search on Google.com revealed the home page at the top as would be expected but it was nowhere to be seen on a [site:] search on Google UK. Now its back.

Any ideas anyone? Seems to me it might have been the Google Analytics code?

Re: Latest update

Quote Originally Posted by spiceboy
    Ok - heres the latest. I waited the week ( well 6 days) and last night I took out the Google Analytics coding from the site. Checked again tonight and guess what - back to number 2 on Google UK again.

The odd thing is that throughout the Analytics period the home page was appearing in its usual position on Google.com ie around 9/10 for the main key word and the meta description tag was being used. Doing a [site:] search on Google.com revealed the home page at the top as would be expected but it was nowhere to be seen on a [site:] search on Google UK. Now its back.

Any ideas anyone? Seems to me it might have been the Google Analytics code?
    I would still find it very strange that adding coding, provided by Google, would impact your rankings as significantly as you have stated.

As previously mentioned, there has been a lot of Page Rank activity so it could just be that you are adding/removing coding right at the same time of an update. I realize that it is difficult to leave the coding on while you test, especially since the site can be your only source of income, but if you can try and leave it in for 2 to 3 weeks and then measure the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Webnauts
    I think that everyone forgets here, that Google is improving day by day their algos and requirements.
    Forgive me, but I can't let that one slip by. ;) "Improving"??? HA! If they were "improving" they would not be deleting white-hat legit webpages, and entire white-hat legit websites and putting BS that violates their very own TOS in their places! Or, giving PR9 to webpages with NO IBL's, while LOWING the PR of sites that GAINED hundreds MORE IBL's; or deleting entire domains after a Sitemap was added; or.....(I can go on and on). ;-) They are going "downhill in a round ball fast" all the way. It's been that way since the Bourbon update and their IPO.
    God Bless,
    -Clint
    (Join Date: 1999)