Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappeared after adding Analytics?

Disappeared after adding Analytics?

Hi
    I have a fairly stable serps ranking on Google UK - been number 1 or 2 for most keywords for the last 2 years or so. The site is very clean ie no spam, adsense etc and I follow the rules as well as possible (url is in sig link.)

About 8 days ago, I added Google Analytics coding to my home page and most of the other pages and then when checking positions for keywords we had from the serps for the home page. All my other main keywords had also dropped a few positions and only secondary pages eg my links page were showing for my key search term "Indian food".

Are the two related? Have I done something wrong when adding Analytics? Is it just a glitch?

I have not added anything else new to the site (apart from product changes).

Any advice/opinions appreciated.

Google is moving ahead. Your markup not.
    That is the first thing I looked at, and I was shocked.
    John S. Britsios, Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | SEO Workers | Webnauts Net

Anyway I would not think that any changes made 8 days a go could have influenced Google so quickly. I'm sure you have noticed that we are still going through a Google update, it is 2 weeks and it is not yet finished.

Wait a few days more...

Are you talking about the green bar?

Then I got something wrong. Sorry.
    John S. Britsios, Forensic SEO & Social Semantic Web Consultant | SEO Workers | Webnauts Net

The same thing happened to us, Spice.

We were ranked on the first page for most European countries when searches for Italian hotels, German hotels, etc. were conducted and suddenly all of them fell off the radar.

We also lost ranking for our Irish counties, all of which were on the first or second page and now have suffered.

At the same time we began bouncing back and forth from a PR4 to a PR5 (I know PR is a joke so no cards and letters, please).

Ironically, none of our Irish villages and towns lost ground which probably means very little.

Within a couple of days we noticed our pages were regaining some strength but, as of yet, they haven't fully recovered.

I suspect it is as Visio suggests and Google is going through yet another skin shedding episode.

Doncha get tired of dancing on the strings sometimes?

I think that everyone forgets here, that Google is improving day by day their algos and requirements.

But if you are all so sure that it is just an update issue, please bookmark this thread, come back when Google is done with his updates, and post here how things are for you.

I would be very interested to hear your new results and conclusions about all this.

Thanks. :)

Does anyone recall a Google dance which took this long?

Quote Originally Posted by visio
    Does anyone recall a Google dance which took this long?
    Honestly I can't tell. If we have luck, then maybe Google will provide us daily with their ongoing internal calculations.

That would make PageRank seriously interesting! ;)

Webnauts said: "But if you are all so sure that it is just an update issue, please bookmark this thread, come back when Google is done with his updates, and post here how things are for you."

I'm reporting to you, lad, we are almost back where we were a week ago... almost is the keyword here.

We have done little in the way of adding or deleting content so this must have something to do, Webnauts, with a Google update rather than their imporvement of their algorithm.

Although I'm not sure what the difference can be. They do say they are updating constantly. I think they call it "baking in" a site.

Anyway, the PR jumps back and forth are a mystery to me. We were PR4 for over a year and now we are bouncing back and forth from PR5 to PR4 as I said before.

My understanding was they came out with the new PR numbers over a week ago. The fluctuation on our site is occurring hourly.

Jim as I said, lets wait until Google calms down first.

And any way, I am not so hot about what is going on now. ;)

I will be hot, when google will rebuild his index, as many of us SEOs predict to be next month. :)