I've set up a website which has been running for 3 months now, I spent a small fortune on getting it programmed and designed just the way I wanted - and now I'm suffering the start-up depression that my site isn't converting.
I tried the PPC route - it lead to a tonne of traffic with no paying conversions and a fat bill.
Now I'm trying the SEO route and have started the following:
- 1. Affilliate scheme - I'm setting up an in-house system that's hopefully going to drive traffic - but where do I market it?
2. SEO - we're redesigning the layout to be more dynamic and SE friendly with all the advice from this forum!
3. PR buffering - I'm purchasing advertising space on higher ranking & related sites to try and bolster my inbound links.
4. DMOZ - yup, I threw the prayer in hoping DMOZ will pick up the site...
5. Directory Submissions - while my budget allows.
Is there anything else I can do? Am I being too paranoid and expecting too much? How long does it take for a start-up to turn a penny???
Any advice would be helpfull - I've already taken loads from this forum, it's been an immense help, but now I need to know if there's anything else I could do to make that traffic come my way? (Perhaps an incantation to the Google-Gods??)