Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: FDM Academy - Any Experiences?

FDM Academy - Any Experiences?

Hi All,
    I have just looked at this company that supposedly offers free training and will get me either Java Sun or MSCD certified.

http://www.fdmacademy.com/

The catch is that upon completion of the training course you take a defered payment option, meaning that you work for them for the next two years. The wadge doesn't look to bad though (20k for first year) and the sort of businesses they can get me into seems alot better than where I am working now.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with this company before I commit to anything.

How would they force you to work for them?????????

They dont as such, the deal is that the training is free if you work for them for the next few years. Otherwise you a liable for the course charges. Although, they do grossly overcharge if you do not work with them (20k i think).

I have looked more into this company and they do look to provide a really good service. The idea is sound:

From the companies point of view- They outsource there developers to companies for X month contracts, guaranting quality people. They can make the guarantee because they train them thereselves.

From my point of view - I will be able to work for much larger companies in bigger projects than I would be able to get involved in otherwise.

Obviously, FDM takes a nice chunk of they pay for each developer they have on these projects. But to be fair the introductory wadge is more than I am on now and after two years i'll have a load more experience and should be able to get a nice wadge packet.