Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Support for small search engines

Support for small search engines

I have been in contact with a few owners of small search engines on here and discussed a few ideas. I would like this topic to be a place to create partnerships between the engines and help support them.

I suggest we discuss how we can bring the engines closer together.

This could invlove linking search results (try your search on etc)

This could be standard link or promoting the other engines.

I am open to ideas to help other SE owners!

2. The following user agrees with Burf.com:

Yoddle.Net is With You

You can count on me to help in any way that I can. I have posted database, xml, and javascript information in the YODDLE Thread. Also, some links to the Directory Project. My project is in the development phase but is in working order. Any input, comments or questios are welcome. Heck, you might even try to find something on the net. Good Yoddling.
    NOTE*A good place for other engines to start indexing would be [Edited by Mod Webnauts - Link deleted]. This is the yoddle directory that allows for very detailed information. Everything from audio & video links to links to your sites ROR feeds.
    Get listed and Promote at http://yoddle.net

Mate this thread is nto for advertising your site. It for exhcanging idea's on how we can bring our search engine closer together and ideas of partnerships

Shared Results

I can not edit the post that I made above. Just wanted to point to the shared results that can be implimented into other engines as well as point out that yoddle base should be indexed by other engines inorder to pick up some more results. Please remove the last two senteces of my post cause it does sound promo.
    Get listed and Promote at http://yoddle.net

Least you are interested mate, if we could get 5-10 of us working together, could get very good results!

Re: Support for small search engines

Quote Originally Posted by Burf.com
    I have been in contact with a few owners of small search engines on here and discussed a few ideas. I would like this topic to be a place to create partnerships between the engines and help support them.

I suggest we discuss how we can bring the engines closer together.

This could invlove linking search results (try your search on etc)

This could be standard link or promoting the other engines.

I am open to ideas to help other SE owners!
    1. Shall this be niche engines?
    2. How is it possible to compete with big three? KW's: Hardware, bandwith, financial and human resources etc.
    3. I see an argument for better meta search engines, but none of them have been very popular so long.

Example: How popular is this resource?
    4. May be the way forward is a combination of a better automated and human editied indexing. There are statistical methods to draw fairly accurate conclusions about a population by taking a small sample.

Calling all search engines...

Super idea, Simon! We have been promoting this kind of idea over a SEOBy.org for the past couple of years, but we have been taking the approach from the SEO point of view. It would be so nice to submit a site listing once and once it was approved have it picked up by many search engines and directories.

Now that we own 3 search engines and several directories, perhaps we can find other site owners that would like to see what a large number of small sites can do if they can become organized...?

I nominate Simon to be the initial leader and I will help in any way that I can....!

SE

Hi fellars just reading your comments on SE joining forces to make a better SE, Yes this would assist for web sites listing in a number of SE with out the hassells, But I can not see how this would make any one SE better then the 3 big guys.
    Think if SE operaters get together and build or source a next generation platform for searching you all may benifit.
    I am under the understanding that the future SE will be off the wall searching not seen before.

A good response. My first thoughts where to get people together to discuss technology, marketing etc and work on making a meshed network of engines. Maybe a separate project like Turbo10 could be created which uses the network?

I deleted that links page for you Simon.
    But I think you should take a look at what Ash has just started over at my place
    http://www.searchdorset.co.uk/

Synergy or What!!!! That site is just days old.