Submit Your Article Forum Rules
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trying for a new look

ok... changes made and posted...

I also smoothed out the stroke on the pen outline, and adjusted the feather some.

Thanks for the input Snerdey
    Any more suggestions?

Sure thing and now that I see it the black is too strong. Make it the dark blue of the outline of the graphic =)
    Hidden Content - Everyday! * Visit the Hidden Content Blog
    Ecommerce l CMS Templates | Wordpress | Dynamic Photo Gallery

ok...

now the "Web Design" matches the outline, and the "FraComWeb" matches the graphic

How about the font something like this

FraComWeb

All caps make it hare to read.
    Hidden Content The Friendliest Shopping Mall On The Net |
    Hidden Content

That's a Great Idea!
    Hidden Content - Everyday! * Visit the Hidden Content Blog
    Ecommerce l CMS Templates | Wordpress | Dynamic Photo Gallery

Hi Rodney! Your logos are getting better. It just goes to show how your skills evolve as you learn new techniques and concepts.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but if you are serious about promoting web design, will you be sub-contracting the graphics work to a graphics designer? Also, IMO, you are headed totally in the wrong direction creating a Flash website.

The main goal of your job as a web designer is to provide a quality, user-freindly and accessable experience for your potential clients. If your site, as the designer, doesn't impress the potential client, then he/she is just gonna scoff and move along their way and you'll have wasted valuable time.

I think your should forget about Flash and design a traditional, but unique, clean, accessable site using a table or CSS layout. Those shiny, gradient bars and grey and black backgrounds just do not invoke a feeling of confidence in your ability to ensure that I "Get Seen".