Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: List of Shopping Carts

Re: List of Shopping Carts

Hi Everyone:
    First post here. Enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts. I need some help. I have a few different sites (e-com). My largest site has vastly outgrown its current home and needs to move asap. I have spent hours looking at demos and searching forums for a good hosted solution. My main three criteria are: CSE product feeds - I realize that most carts are built to average sites which are much smaller than we are but we need to feed directly from the cart into each of the 30+ Comparison Shopping Engines out there (each has its own feed format). Second - Affiliate program functionality. Third - Live Chat Module (I realize I can add third party but prefer built by cart for seamless use). Fourth - the obvious static page cart with ability to edit custom text tags.

So far, no one has everything. I use Network Solutions for one site. They don't have affiliate. They don't have CSE feeds. I use Volusion for another site - they have affiliate and they have live chat, but no CSE.

I found V Commerce and Nexternal, both seem to have everything, BUT...VCommerce wants 400k set up and 10k per month, obviously out of our league. Nexternal wants 2.5% per month of sales revenue, which would be fine if we were just starting out but I can get a dedicated box and custom solution for that amount.

I looked at 3D cart which on paper has a lot of the features we need, but looking at their client list and their demo doesn't leave me with a high level of confidence if you knwo what I mean....

So. Any recomendations? This is a really big move for us. We need something we can take to our next level of growth. Moving this size of a site is nerve-wracking to say the least, which is why I am coming to you all who know a lot more than I do. Please send any comments. They will all be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!

I think I will use oscommerce because its free others are really expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Hi Everyone:
    First post here. Enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts. I need some help. I have a few different sites (e-com). My largest site has vastly outgrown its current home and needs to move asap. I have spent hours looking at demos and searching forums for a good hosted solution. My main three criteria are: CSE product feeds - I realize that most carts are built to average sites which are much smaller than we are but we need to feed directly from the cart into each of the 30+ Comparison Shopping Engines out there (each has its own feed format). Second - Affiliate program functionality. Third - Live Chat Module (I realize I can add third party but prefer built by cart for seamless use). Fourth - the obvious static page cart with ability to edit custom text tags.

So far, no one has everything. I use Network Solutions for one site. They don't have affiliate. They don't have CSE feeds. I use Volusion for another site - they have affiliate and they have live chat, but no CSE.

I found V Commerce and Nexternal, both seem to have everything, BUT...VCommerce wants 400k set up and 10k per month, obviously out of our league. Nexternal wants 2.5% per month of sales revenue, which would be fine if we were just starting out but I can get a dedicated box and custom solution for that amount.

I looked at 3D cart which on paper has a lot of the features we need, but looking at their client list and their demo doesn't leave me with a high level of confidence if you knwo what I mean....

So. Any recomendations? This is a really big move for us. We need something we can take to our next level of growth. Moving this size of a site is nerve-wracking to say the least, which is why I am coming to you all who know a lot more than I do. Please send any comments. They will all be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!
    Call Ecommerce Shopping Carts & Search Engine Marketing by Merchant Metrix and talk to somebody there. They've got everything you want I think, except for the chat service. But they also do not charge you 2.5% of sales either.
    Hidden Content Really? YES! All you have to do is implement it!
    Follow me on Twitter Hidden Content

I have used oscommerce and it is very disapointing, if you want to customise code it is designed in such a way that is very difficult to understand the way to code around it. Furthermore it is limited with finding any decent themes to ad, or once again if you find a theme you need to really understand programming to integrate them, there is no quick fix to select a theme in the backend.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content GSEO.net - SEO Community - Hidden Content

I've used MonsterCommerce for a few years now with very little complaint - a few things I wish it would do, but a long list of awesome features hard to find elsewhere. Now they've sold to Network Solutions, who has migrated my site to their servers, and will soon be upgrading me to their V7 of the shopping cart, but I'm not liking the experience so far.

I'm checking out a few mentioned by Yankee and Peter in above posts but does anyone else have any recommendations for a hosted cart solution that integrates with QuickBooks and is feature-rich and highly customizable? I'm currently paying around $100/month but I'm willing to pay more if it's worth it.

Thumbs up Re: List of Shopping Carts

Hi,
    I know this is an outdated issue but I was just looking over forums looking for shopping carts for digital downloads and saw your requirement.
    I recently published a shopping cart for digital downloads only called ModuleCart, you might want to check on it, this is totally free and no fees involved. Running on php/mysql based on the popular osCommerce.

Search the term "ModuleCart" or "module cart" on google or yahoo, somehow the forum is not allowing me to post link.

no catch, no nothing, just trying to help.
    Paul

There are lots of good shopping cart. No absolute one.

Thumbs up Re: List of Shopping Carts

This list is a great resource - thanks to everyone who contributed! I'm sure I'll refer to it again in the future.

I have to echo someone else's recommendation - I converted a site from Mercantec Softcart to Shopsite Pro earlier this year, and really liked Shopsite. I created my own custom template set with my own css to use with it, with no problems. Very easy-to-use back-end product management, orders, etc.

Thanks, but I think Kezoon is worth mentioning also.

newly released open source shopping cart
    corn-cart.com

As free e-commerce framework solution,Cooncart is market-leading e-commerce software with more features than any of our competitors. It makes low cost of business ownership possible.

Cooncart’s administrative panel has been designed for the highest ease of use and freedom of total control. With Cooncart, there’s no need to feel trapped by your backend. Instead, experience flexibility and everything from creating promotions to managing your products.
    Creative-featured frontend provides your customers with an intuitive, comfortable online shopping experience.