After working for many moons on a site for a client, we're finally ready to make it go live.
The site is at http://www.hibiscusflorals.com (mirrored, apparently correctly, at http://www.hibiscusflorals.ca ).
If it's propagating correctly, the new site should look like this (another mirror set up for development purposes):
We got the domain login/password for the domain and I logged in and changed the nameservers at 2:00 AM this morning.
As of 11:00 AM this morning, the .ca domain name had propagated to the point where both myself and my client could see the new site. This in itself doesn't surprise me, because .ca tends to propagate a lot more quickly than .com .
But here's the weird part, all pertaining to http://www.hibiscusflorals.com :
- hibiscusflorals.com had propagated on my client's machine at approx. 11:30 AM this morning, and he received a prompt from Outlook Express asking for his new email password.
- At 1:00 PM, the client went to the site to check for last-minute typos, etc. The opening page loaded as expected with the new site, but then when he went to subsequent pages, he received a "Not Found" page from the old server! (Note: I've created a custom 404 for this site.)
- When I got the client to reload the opening page, he saw the old site again!
- It hasn't yet propagated on my end to the point where the new site shows up.
So my question is two-fold:
- Does anyone see the new "blue" site vs. the old "pink" site?
- Has anyone ever seen a domain name propagate to a new server, and then back to its old one? This is a new one for me.