Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Review YourWeb.Info

ok

After reading over the replies to this topic I can see you have received all the information needed in order to create a page that flows, is easy on the eyes, and will generate trust and eventually income. There are certain colors that people respond to without knowing. For instance light blues and pastels are usually calming colors. Reds and yellows and more of an alert. Have you noticed that most fast food places have red and yellow in their logos? Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonalds, etc. That's because those colors intice hunger and awareness. Think about it. The negative reactions you are receving from the members are due to incorporating colors that make them feel uncomfortable when the come to your site. That's something that needs to change or all your work is for nothing. Some questions now...
    1. Why do you have to keep these colors? Because of your logo? Examples of what colors to use have already been posted by previous members.
    2. I don't mind your logo. I guess others do...but, a lot of people just come here and are not happy until they find something wrong. But, If you recevied enough compliants would you change it? If you need to maybe I could help.

I like the content. And I know it takes tons of time to put that type of site together. Don't stop trying.
    But still be open minded and don't get offended if people make suggestions. Even if they use words like "ewww". Good Luck
    Thanks,
    Dustin

WebProWorld MVP
    Ok all you WPW reviewers. I re-did the main page of YourWeb.Info. Please take the time if you would and let me know if what you see is ok on the eyes. I took all of the green boxes out. Blast away once again.

Thanks to all who reply.
    Hidden Content The Friendliest Shopping Mall On The Net |
    Hidden Content

WebProWorld MVP
    Thought I would try to get this back in the open so that you can see the changes that were made on the main page. What do you guys think?
    Hidden Content

not bad overall. I am curious as to why this link appears on the index page though:
    http://www.yourweb.info/phpBB2/install/install.php

I'd think that would be a bad thing!

All i will suggest is getting off of the 'web-safe' colour pallette...you can do SO much more without worrying about catering to the small percentage of people viewing the web on 256 colour monitors.

Just my opinion.

If you've got a moment, could you please review my site
    here.

Thanks!

Okay, it's a little thing, but I think you could improve all of the page titles and meta description tags.

The description tags are way too wordy... This is just the second half of one of them: "Click here to check out web info on the net. Here you will find all kinds of advertisements. Click on any of the advertisements and you will be taken to that site." 32 words of fluff!

Actually, I think all your copy would be stronger if it were boiled down to essentials. Another example: "For your convenience YWI has assembled some of the best retailers on the Internet. Just click on the links for convenient, fun and secure shopping all in one place. Simply pick a category and start shopping for the product you want. If you can't find what you are looking for, check out YWI Shopping Directory. There are hundreds of retailers all at your finger tips."

Now who's going to read all that! Page after page of that? I recommend shorter paragraphs, more use of bullets, more MEANINGFUL content, and higher keyword density.

A few testimonials would be good too.

WebProWorld MVP
    Thanks CJacobson. I am changing all of the context on each page from the same to something different.

As you go through the site you will see changes to this. I did this before I knew that I should of changed each page before I loaded them up.

I have been trying to keep most of that content down to say maybe 3-4 paragraphs. I have not done that with all pages. Got carried away on some pages.

Will take another look on those pages and see what I can come up with.

Again thanks for the comments. They help.
    Hidden Content

WebProWorld MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by nullvariable
    not bad overall. I am curious as to why this link appears on the index page though:
    yourweb.info/phpBB2/install/install.php

I'd think that would be a bad thing!
    Darn I was hoping that someone would not notice that. Any ways that is just a test link for me. I was trying to install a forums area to the site. That link was going to be moved. I had to have a link to it so that I could test it out. Does not work yet. Have to delete that and re-install. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I plan on moving that link down to the bottom of the menu area. When it is up and running I will have that link on all pages.
    Hidden Content

WebProWorld MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by ran_dizolph
    All I will suggest is getting off of the 'web-safe' colour pallette...you can do SO much more without worrying about catering to the small percentage of people viewing the web on 256 colour monitors.

Just my opinion.

Thanks!
    It looks like I am on the color safe pallette. Intersting. Did not know I was doing that. First time I think someone has said that about the site. I am open to what colors may or may not be used on the site. I have a hard time with colors just to let you know. If you got any suggestions let me know.

Thanks for the comment about this. Will keep in mind.
    Hidden Content

Okay,

How 'bout something like these colours?

Hope that helps!