The Arab Administrative Development Organization (ARADO) plays an extremely important role in research and development in the field of management and technology in the Arab world, and it operates as a channel for transmitting the latest worldwide insights in the different topics. ARADO is preparing for the first conference on search engines in the Arab world.
We hope that it will be a good chance to meet together in this event, you will gain number of added benefits including:
- Opportunities to reach government, community and business leaders in the Arab world.
- Heightening corporate visibility through advertising and marketing.
- Enhancing customer relations.
You will find details in the attached file. I hope to hear from you.
Also there is sponsorship opportunities, for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Arab Administrative Development Organization
Search Engines on the Internet
“Towards a New Generation of Arabic Search Engines (ASE)”
Sharm El-Sheikh - Egypt, 6-8 February 2005
Search engines on the Internet play a highly important role in getting the information from the international network, In addition to contributing to the marketing process for various products, activities, and services of different kinds of institutions and companies. On the Internet, tens of search engines are available, but it is noticed that the Arabic search engines are scarcely found, and the concepts related to the search capabilities are vague.
These engines have developed in a way that whole companies with investments estimated at millions of dollars are based on them. Those companies have many phenomena related to the market economies such as partnership, strategic alliances, mergers, and other modern industry-related phenomena that have a connection with the information world.
The significance of this conference is derived from the fact that it is the first of this kind in the Arab world in the light of the changes experienced by the region towards applying policies that adopt the procedures of the electronic governments, and regard search engines as a major infrastructure foundation in this field, not to mention their importance to the ordinary citizen in looking for the information he wants.
On the other hand, the Arabic search engines are still facing many difficulties that finally led to the use of engines translated into Arabic which did not solve the problems of dealing in Arabic language on the Internet.
The Conference Objectives:
The conference seeks to identify:
· The concept of search engines and their development since the Internet first appeared and until now
· The importance of the Arabic search engines to re-building civilization bridges with the West
· The programming infrastructure of search engines and its impact on the search results
· The role of search engines in marketing and information services
· The new economic alliances and their influence on the development of search engines
· Meta search engines and the importance of this type in making the Arab culture acquainted
· Building Arabic search engines: future and challenges
The Conference Topics:
First topic: software infrastructure of search engines
- The Robot
- The Index
- User interface
Second topic: role of search engines in information services
- commonly used search methods
- ways to provide users with the search results
Third topic: role of search engines in the marketing of services and activities
- ways of arranging results and the significance of this in marketing
- Inktomi technology
- Google technology
Fourth topic: towards a new generation of Arabic search engines
- the Arabic language and its issues on the Internet
- search in natural language
- ASE on the net – Characteristics and configurations
Fifth topic: future of search engines on the Internet
- future of SEM
- future of Arabic search engines
Use of Search Engines in Marketing for Public
and Private Sector Companies
Sharm El-Sheikh, 9-10 February 2005
Significance and targets of the workshop:
So far, there are numerous mysterious issues in relation to the real role of using search engines on the Internet in the marketing processes of products and services of governmental or private sector companies. Accordingly, the workshop targets to:
1. identify the marketing ways through the Internet
2. use search engines in marketing through the Internet
3. define means of using meta data in marketing through your site
4. Search Engine Optimization
Topics of the workshop:
1. marketing through the Internet
2. methods of site ranking in the search results, and the impact of this on marketing
3. means of improving the performance of sites of the Arab companies and organizations to facilitate the marketing of products and services in the Arab companies
- the Internet
- selected sites from the network
- case studies
Method of implementing the workshop:
- dialogue and discussions
- practical cases
Experts taking part in the presentation of the conference and the workshop:
A group of distinguished academic experts specialized in the field of search engines, as well as managers of companies working in this field take part in the presentation of the conference and the workshop.
Participants invited to the conference and the workshop:
1. Managers of Arab companies and organizations in the public and private sectors
2. Heads of purchase and marketing departments in public and private sector companies
3. Managers of the Internet and cell phone companies .
1. Deans of the faculties of computers and information, marketing, and management, and libraries in the academic colleges and universities.
2. Heads of the departments of computers and communication, information systems, marketing, and management and libraries in related colleges.
3. Academic researchers in the fields of management and marketing, information, computers, communications, and libraries.
4. Chairmen of information, communication, and computer companies whether affiliated to the governmental or private sectors.
5. People working in the newspapers and periodicals who are concerned with information issues
Date of submitting researches and work papers:
Those who wish to submit researches to the conference should take the following timings into consideration:
· A summary of the research / work paper clarifying the research objective and its methodology and contents in not more than 250 words should be submitted no later than the 20th of December 2004.
· The full research should be submitted according to the instructions specified no later than the 20th of January 2005.
· Having received the research and work papers according to the delivery dates, the Organization will transfer them to a scientific committee for revision and approval.
· The researches and work papers will then be included in a Proceeding of the conference after making the standard coordination and printing processes.
· The late delivery of researches may not give the Organization the chance to include them in the Proceeding. Therefore, a researcher who is keen to find his research in the Proceeding should submit it on time.
· The Proceeding is distributed to all participants on registration before the opening session of the conference, and according to the time schedule of the conference.
Place and date of holding the conference and the workshop:
The conference and the workshop are held for 5 days starting from the 6th to the 10th of February 2005, in the city of Sharm El-Sheikh, the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Participation fees in the conference and the workshop:
· Participation fees in the conference and the workshop are estimated at US $600 or equivalent, and they will be sent to the Organization according to the manner indicated in the conference participation order form.
· Participation fees of the conference cover the following services and advantages:
- Participation in the conference sessions and in the workshop.
- Lunch for the key speaker, as well as a food and beverage buffet during breaks throughout the duration of the conference.
- The scientific material of the conference (papers and researches) (the Proceeding).
General Coordinator of the Conference: Dr. Zein Abd El-Hady email@example.com
Executive Secretary: Mrs. Dalia Nassar: firstname.lastname@example.org