Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: I have just created Blog on Blogspot and wordpress. what Next?

I have just created Blog on Blogspot and wordpress. what Next?

Now I want to know what I should do next? I mean from web master point of view? I don't know much about webmaster so please suggest me what should I do?

Depends what you are trying to achieve with your blog. Maybe read the Webmaster guidelines, these may help you. This post explains how and why you should learn SEO to take your next steps.
    Last edited by LD; 01-31-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: link drop
    Get Your Free, Step by Step "Hidden Content " Training. This is a Walkthrough Video & eBook Tutorial Course.

Hidden Content Learn to Build a WordPress Site Google Loves!

3. The following user agrees with Cat:
    When start to knock out some articles, don't forget to ping them and get your blog listed in the few directories - this should help drive traffic - keeping the traffic coming to your site depends on your ability to write interesting content and articles.

Hi Narendrakumar! Now that you have a blog setup you may want to add in your articles. A blog is meant to be a place for information. Usually content is not enough to gain traffic despite daily updates so you will need to make a plan for your blog's promotion. Do not forget to ping the search engines to update them about your new content and website links.

Dimples

Start posting articles in both blogs. keep updating the blogs on a regular basis. There are lot of blog directory site in which you can add your blog site. It will help to get attention to your blog. Add your site to Google webmaster tools (google. com/webmasters/tools). Bookmark your posts in some top bookmarking sites like stumbleupon and reddit and be active in those sites. And your content must be unique, it should not copied from anywhere.

Hi, Just start start posting articles. But your article must be unique and informative to the users. Submit your blog to top directories. Update your blog regularly... Google webmaster tool and analytic tool helps to track your blog activities...

Then start writing fresh, original articles. If you are focusing on certain groups, then cater your blog to those people. Make it interesting and valuable to the reader. Put backlinks there if you need to. Edit, publish and then go back to writing newer content. Don't forget to ping every RSS feed in your site.

Install something on your site that monitors your traffic. You can use Google webmaster tools or something better than gives you exactly what people typed into search engines that then made them click on your site. For this go to Statcounter website. Now you can see where your articles rank and learn things like how it ranked there.

In my view first and important part is traffic, if you have quality traffic on your website then you will be able to get benefit, apply for google adsene ads program but be sure you must have quality and informative website. otherwise google adsense will not approve you. There are many other good cpm program which you also can apply like clicksor, edomz, popads and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Max67 View Post
    In my view first and important part is traffic, if you have quality traffic on your website then you will be able to get benefit, apply for google adsene ads program but be sure you must have quality and informative website. otherwise google adsense will not approve you. There are many other good cpm program which you also can apply like clicksor, edomz, popads and many more.
    Clicksor is paying pennies... if you want to earn anything, this is the last place you want to go to

Edomz is better in terms of rate - the problem with them is that people tend to block popads so may not necessarily do well either, you have to test if it works for you.

Popads.net (is this the one you're talking about?) - overall fine, but they do accept all websites without hesitating (even with adult content)... so I'd rather not go there for quality traffic.

In my humble opinion,
    If you have a blog, the much more wiser option will be to walk the path of WSJ, Guardian, Reuters, NBC, and join up content advertising platforms.

There are 2 reasons why you have to do it, especially if you have a new blog:

1. You can bring up your content in front of large number of people through the exchange programs.
    Good programs with solid exchange ratios are nster.com (1:1.2-2.00 rate for U.S. and Europe) and smxchange.com (1:1 rate for India & Asia)

2. You can monetize on it much faster than on AdSense.
    Imagine that you have a blog about health & fitness. People who read it are interested in it (health & fitness).
    With AdSense, you will have context advertising that targets users' search and browsing history, but not necessarily relevant to your blog or to the reason on why people are reading it.

Now imagine, that you are advertising other websites about health & fitness and the products about health & fitness.

Where do you think people will click more often? =)

Even now, if I open any fitness blog, I'll have a silly "Optimize your websites" & "Buy desktop" ads

Back to the point - instead of cluttering your blog with irrelevant ads, you can use content advertising platforms I've mentioned.
    They are free to use, and you can put up their widgets at the same time to see what works better for you.
    And when you have couple thousand people, you can earn much faster because of the relevant targeted advertising.

Hope that helped at least a bit.