Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Big difference in demographics data from Google Analytics & other WebLog Applications

Big difference in demographics data from Google Analytics & other WebLog Applications

Many of my websites are for indian based companies & agencies. In Google Analytics data, when we refer to the Demographics - location section it shows as the top visitors from India with a remarkable difference with USA. But then for the same time period, if we analyze the other WebTrends / Web Log Analyzer reports, it shows the top visitors are from USA with a considerable difference with India. What can be the possible reasons for this?

it does happen. Just like every backlink tool give you different numbers and PR tools also gives you different page ranks for the same page. I normally sticks to Google tools.
    Digital Marketing Agency | Web Design and Development

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rajdeepdesmukh View Post
    Many of my websites are for indian based companies & agencies. In Google Analytics data, when we refer to the Demographics - location section it shows as the top visitors from India with a remarkable difference with USA. But then for the same time period, if we analyze the other WebTrends / Web Log Analyzer reports, it shows the top visitors are from USA with a considerable difference with India. What can be the possible reasons for this?
    Google does not have access to your log file data, which is far more complete than the data that it can gather via web tags.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Babar View Post
    it does happen. Just like every backlink tool give you different numbers and PR tools also gives you different page ranks for the same page. I normally sticks to Google tools.
    Then you are blinding yourself to all of the data that Google does not/cannot possess.