Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: ok I am back again with http://www.baystatetech.org/

ok I am back again with http://www.baystatetech.org/

Hey guys...ok today is my busy post day - another site we did..... please let me have your candid feedback.

The URL is .. http://www.baystatetech.org/

Cheers!!
    Mamoon Rashid
    Hashe Computer Solutions - Offering Full Time offshore IT staff, programming and web design services.
    Hashe on FaceBook - Please Join Us on FaceBook

I was having a look but ended up closing the page because of that annoying bouncing baby box. Couldn't get to the T&F icons. The rotator transitions could be a little softer, too, I think. They seem to snap in, which is also disruptive to reading fixed text in the page.

I understand "call to action". It's necessary. This bouncing box, however, is an annoyance. At first I thought, how neat. Then it kept bouncing. Even when you click the "X", on the box, it doesn't go away, it just flattens out - but still bounces.

I understand you want visitor on-page focus on this box to facilitate a connection between visitor and operator, but IMO, an "X" is a closing function, it shouldn't mean "flatten and still bounce". Sorry to be negative on this - but that's my opinion and thats all I could muster at this point.
    Markham Web Design Company. Why Responsive WordPress Web Design is important for business. Optimized Press Releases in Markham for better search results

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    I understand "call to action". It's necessary. This bouncing box, however, is an annoyance. At first I thought, how neat. Then it kept bouncing. Even when you click the "X", on the box, it doesn't go away, it just flattens out - but still bounces.

I understand you want visitor on-page focus on this box to facilitate a connection between visitor and operator, but IMO, an "X" is a closing function, it shouldn't mean "flatten and still bounce". Sorry to be negative on this - but that's my opinion and thats all I could muster at this point.
    I agree.. but that's the only thing.. the client "Wanted" from the old site :/ and I also think the top slideshow...should only be on the front page and not on all the pages!!! .. I will try to convince the client on that ... thanks for your feedback!
    Mamoon Rashid
    Hashe Computer Solutions - Offering Full Time offshore IT staff, programming and web design services.
    Hashe on FaceBook - Please Join Us on FaceBook

Perhaps de-emphasize the bouncy box - subtler color, smaller, something to make it go away.
    Show your client the stats on how people are annoyed at moving things on websites - especially those that the user cannot control or shut off.

6. The following user agrees with blitzen: