Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Advertising on YouTube: Does it work?

Advertising on YouTube: Does it work?

Hello everyone,

I have been user of YouTube for many years and personally I think it's probably one of the best websites on the Internet to advertise on.

Over the last few years more and more adverts from external organisations and businesses have appeared on YouTube. I don't have a problem with this; it's how YouTube makes money.

I am however interested in what you think. I'm currently completing my Business Management Masters Degree and I'm investigating the effectiveness of advertising on YouTube.

So, does anyone have any opinions about advertising on YouTube?
    Does it work?
    Are there particular types of adverts that catch your attention? Or do they generally annoy you?
    Does being forced to watch a 5 sec clip of an advert frustrate you?
    Do you generally skip adverts if you can?
    What are people's thoughts??

Thank You

I think youtube is a great way to advertise your business or website. I've had a lot of success in the past with youtube in concerns with gaining for traffic for ym website. After a few of my videos became popular i noticed that a lot of my traffic started to come from the videos, sales aswell. The key is to create several videos and not just one

I use Youtube all the time when I'm looking for something. I check there first and seeing the product in a video is far better than just seeing a pic.

I recently got intrigued by Youtube, I wrote off all content network and Youtube traffic sources because the results were very erratic. But a friend of mine who works in a major digital agency in the UK told me that he focuses on paid search and Youtube, apparantly Youtube is a great market provided the product you sell is perfect for consumers and is complimented by the video.

He was telling me how there were a couple of language learning course reviews and other language learning videos on youtube, he ran a campagin for one of these major companie, forgot it's name, and was really successful with it.

180 million U.S. Internet users watched nearly 36.6 billion online videos in May 2012, according to comScore.

YouTube, ranked as the top with 151.7 million unique viewers.

And what was your question?

6. The following user agrees with janeth:
    LD
    Hi daniel_wood,

I personally am not a big fan of all the advertising increases that seem to be going on at youtube. They seem to be force feeding ads more which I 100% of the time skip over. I do think youtube is great for advertising in the sense that if a company makes a worthwhile video or a user is providing valuable content then by all means they should be able to advertise their own product. Youtube is also coming out with full on tv channels essentially so will have to see how the advertising goes on those as well. In general terms there is no doubt youtube is one of the best online sites for any and all things video sharing related.

Yes youtube is the best platform for online advertisement as according to comScore;180 million U.S. Internet users watched nearly 36.6 billion online videos in May 2012 and it has been ranked at the top with 151.7 million unique viewers.

Generally Video marketing is great because it has the ability to grow virally. Viral marketing as in it spreads as fast and as widely as a biological virus, but in the marketing sense. This can help you reach a wide audience in a short amount of time and at a low cost.

Youtube is a great platform to advertise as it has the large volume of visitors everyday. As the general rule that more visitors seeing your advertisement then the opportunity is more to get conversion. No doubt it can absolutely work but you need to select the channels according to the product you would like to sell or the information you want to share to have your campaign focused on more potential customers.

Jeneth Explained well. Yeah. No of youtube visitors and users are high. It is really worth using youtube for your marketing.

12. The following user agrees with joelchrist: