Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: First Informational (Disney) Website Up ~ Would Love Opinions Please ♥

Red face First Informational (Disney) Website Up ~ Would Love Opinions Please ♥

Hi. I just started my very first website and have about 10 pages up so far. Before I go too far I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on what I've done so far, and what you think about it.

It's Explore Disney Resorts .com, the link is in my signature.

Thanks in advance!
    Webmaster Newbie!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Not very impressive, i must say. It looks more of a mobile site than a normal website. Also you have added too much plugins which not look very impressive. Even for a blog the layout just don't seems any good.

Quote Originally Posted by akela007 View Post
    Not very impressive, i must say. It looks more of a mobile site than a normal website. Also you have added too much plugins which not look very impressive. Even for a blog the layout just don't seems any good.

Hi. Thank you for your comment. I wonder if you looked at my blog, or my website? I don't have plug ins on my website, only on my blog. Do you think you saw my blog by chance?
    Webmaster Newbie!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Is this for mobile phone users?

Quote Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
    Is this for mobile phone users?
    My blog or my website? I think you've seen my blog. It's not for mobile phone users. Does it seem like it is? I am contemplating redesigning it, do you have any thoughts or opinions on it?

Thanks!
    Webmaster Newbie!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Ok, so I redesigned my site this last week. Can you please take a look now and tell me if it is any better?
    It is www . livingdisney . com
    Thanks for you time and reply's.
    Webmaster Newbie!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

On the first page of the site, Explore Disney Resorts .com, I'll go no further than confirming I found 27 instances of the phrase "Walt Disney" or "Disney" on the first page. Nuff said.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by funmamas View Post
    Ok, so I redesigned my site this last week. It is www . livingdisney . com
    Thanks for you time and reply's.
    This new site page above, references "Disney" 86 times.
    Last edited by LD; 05-07-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: add
    Hidden Content Solutions in Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design for business
    Hidden Content - Spread your business message locally and around the world!

No, not enough said. For a site about Disney that is to be expected. Keyword density is irrelevant going both directions LD.

Your links should not open new windows. This is incredibly poor design and should NEVER be done unless you have an outstanding reason to do so. When on the dining page I do not expect to have a new window open when I click on a different restaurant. The over all design is VERY 1999 / 2000, but you are limited to what you have to work with on Blogspot, so I get that.

Over all it looks like a decent resource, but since I'm mostly anti-Disney, I can't really judge the content.
    You can't create artful marketing with color by number seo

Perhaps. But to me, it felt over the top. I was getting Disney'ed out in the first paragraph.

Add: What my tiny keyboard on my mobile device negated further in terms of my typing a little more of my experience on that site, was not with respect to reference to keywords, but more from a user (in this case, me) being inundated with the word or phrase "Disney".
    Last edited by LD; 05-08-2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: add