Which CMS to use for university open student network?
We are developing an open student network for our university. Essentially, It'll be a wiki with many more functionalities, e.g. forums, hierarchy in user roles, university map, opinions on courses etc. We are considering three options:
- MediaWiki (or any other wiki CMS),
- Full featured CMSes (Drupal, Joomla),
- Python based (Django based, Plone) .
Kindly give your suggestions what we should go for. Our prime requirements:
- It should have wiki like features (or should be extensible to such) e.g. versioning, easy linking etc.
- It should be extensible for having forums
- A flexible permission/role management
- If possible, it should be extensible to whatever needs may arise in future. [In this regard, I've heard Django would be better since it keeps a cleaner code which is easy to handle.]
Kindly compare the three options: Wiki CMS, Drupal, Python based.
Tags for this Thread