<Mod edit: moved from Web programming information post>

Dear Jakie:
Since I built my website for hearing impaired people ( www.adiosalasordera.com ), I promised to include games to train people using hearing aids for the first time. Unfortunately, I didn't suspect I was not ready to accomplish. Previously, I wrote a Tic-Tac-Toe game to practice JavaScripting and I included it within the site as a departure. The problem is I forgot that the Tic-Tac-Toe doesn't make any noises so it was not a good starting sample. Playing different sounds is a must training the ear. By the way, the sounds I need are shorter than a second. Now the problem is that I don't know how produce those sounds in a webpage at the click of the mouse (or by program) without having a player window (Microsoft's or Crescendo or whatever) opening and interfering with the game. Is there any way to play ".wav" files (or any other kind I could use) in a webpage without opening the player window, not only in my computer but in any computer visiting the site? I need a function I can call that keeps discrete and quiet before and after playing the sound. And I need it to work properly in any reasonable envioment. Is there such a thing? I would really appreciate if you could help me.
Best wishes, Juan L. Neuman compumonster@compumonster.com