Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: migration to Sitefinity

Question migration to Sitefinity

We are migrating our websites over to a Sitefinity platform including a wordpress blog. I haven't experience with Sitefinity in the past nor have much knowledge with ASP.NET. I read up that there is a way, but at the stage I am at right now the process is beyond me.

If someone can provide straight-forward steps on how to accomplish this I will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi again. After reading my initial post over again, I realized that it is not quite clear. I would like to know if there a step-by-step guide to migrate a wordpress blog into Sitefinity CMS.

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_in_TO View Post
    Hi again. After reading my initial post over again, I realized that it is not quite clear. I would like to know if there a step-by-step guide to migrate a wordpress blog into Sitefinity CMS.
    Do they have a blogging platform at Sitefinity because Wordpress is programed in php and will run on asp.net site? However, you might be able to back up sql databases along with your content and bring that over all depending on the blogging platform. I have the same issue with one of my ecommerce stores that is hosted on asp.net cms system that does not have a blogging platform. I just run a separate blog on a different host and url and have it link to my site and have my site linked to it. I'm sorry that I couldn't be more help. If you figure away around this let me know because I'm definitely interested.

Thanks.

Mike
    Last edited by mgandy; 04-19-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: mispelling

4. The following user agrees with mgandy: