Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Current issues with editor and 'If you leave this page...'

Post Current issues with editor and 'If you leave this page...'

Current workaround, leave the page. DO NOT RE-SUBMIT. It gets picked up twice.

This is an IT issue, so anything posted here, by me, may tomorrow be resolved. The workaround works at this present time as the problem presents.

I've been having issues leaving the editor as well but thought it was an IE error/issue. After composing my message and clicking "quick reply", I'm prompted with a pop-up message from IE with two choices: "stay on the page" or "leave the page". If I'm editing the reply, and choose "leave the page" all edits are lost. There's a bit more to it, but I just lost a paragraph and am not awake enough to remember what I typed.
    Last edited by LD; 04-15-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: edited message for the second time.
    Hidden Content Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design
    Online SEO Hidden Content Markham.

I make a point of copying the whole message onto the clipboard before 'Post Quick Reply'. But so far, haven't had to paste it back in. I just post, and leave the page. The post shows up.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    I'm also seeing intermittent instances of the content remaining in the "Quick Reply" box after it's been posted, and/or showing up in the next "Reply With Quote" box.

I'm still noticing this.

I'm not sure if this is also what all are talking about, but sometimes after clicking "Post Quick Reply" I see a pop-up regarding something about (to paraphrase) if I 'leave the page all text will be lost' or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint1 View Post
    I'm still noticing this.

I'm not sure if this is also what all are talking about, but sometimes after clicking "Post Quick Reply" I see a pop-up regarding something about (to paraphrase) if I 'leave the page all text will be lost' or something like that.
    As mentioned above, when you encounter these prompts, click "leave page" and the post will show up. If it hangs, go back and F5. As a fall back, be sure to copy the post onto the clipboard before submitting.

I'm noticing better performance today. I'm not sure what, if anything, was done, but posting, commenting et all, is responsive for the moment anyhow.

As an aside, IE 9 was crashing quite a bit when I had as little as 5 or 6 "tabs" open, then choose to close them all, but one. Today I can open more ( guesses about 8-10) and do the same function (close all but one), without issue. But then again, there were 21 OS updates last night with perhaps one, of which could have been for IE.
    Hidden Content Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design
    Online SEO Hidden Content Markham.

Quote Originally Posted by weegillis View Post
    As mentioned above, when you encounter these prompts, click "leave page" and the post will show up. If it hangs, go back and F5. As a fall back, be sure to copy the post onto the clipboard before submitting.
    Yeah I know, the point was the thread was a month old and I was pointing out it's still happening.

Clipboard? You can't even trust that with WPW. I learned the hard way a long time ago to have a shortcut to Metapad on the Quick Launch toolbar, then paste any forum post text into that, and temporarily save it, because when WPW will crash the browser (and it will), you loose Clipboard text!