Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust seals, do they increase sales?

Trust seals, do they increase sales?

does any have experience with Trust Seals? Such as hackersafe, scanverify, trustguard? do they improve sales?

They used to. not as much these days.
    You can't create artful marketing with color by number seo

I feel they help you in building business credibility in the industry, and if you and your business are considered credible and trusted, chances are people wont hesitate to input their credit card information to your website.

I think it also depends on the name of the Trust Seal, how easily they give it away

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal van Opzeeland View Post
    I think it also depends on the name of the Trust Seal, how easily they give it away
    Given that exceedingly few are aware of such matter, how would it affect public perception?

I have my doubts that the seals can increase sales but I do know as a shopper, if improperly implimented, they can definately decrease sales. I've been to a couple sites where one was simply a graphic with no way to verifiy site credentials in anyway -- "Proud Member of Trustysite" (or whatever it was; yeah, right!)". The second one that comes to mind had credentials that did not match the site URL. My guess is the site had multiple domains, but as a shopper I don't care, it looks like a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    Given that exceedingly few are aware of such matter, how would it affect public perception?
    You are right insofar that the general public isn't aware of the exact policies of the respective Trust Seals, but like Shift4SMS says I do think most online buyers are able do discriminate between the more extreme cases. Also by seeing a certain seal on more professional shops more often, I think the public is able to discriminate among the different seals. But of course, as more and more shops acquire these seals, their effect goes down.

You are right insofar that the general public isn't aware of the exact policies of the respective Trust Seals, but like Shift4SMS says I do think most online buyers are able do discriminate between the more extreme cases.
    How is that related to the matter of "how easily they give it away?"

And, bearing in mind that we here are atypical users, what evidence is there to suggest that "most online buyers are able do discriminate between the more extreme cases?"

Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    How is that related to the matter of "how easily they give it away?"

And, bearing in mind that we here are atypical users, what evidence is there to suggest that "most online buyers are able do discriminate between the more extreme cases?"
    With "how easily they give it away" I refer to the difference in entrance barriers that the different trust seals pose. The entrance barriers maintain the brand equity of the trust seals. If a specific trust seal is given away to any webshop, it will soon loose its power.

Then the question is whether typical buyers are able to discriminate between the higher quality and low quality ones. I do not have evidence for the typical buyer being able to do so, but as someone who regularly shops online I myself am aware of the top three trust seals. When I do not recognize a trust seal from another trustworthy website, I do not give value to the trust seal.

Then the question is whether typical buyers are able to discriminate between the higher quality and low quality ones. I do not have evidence for the typical buyer being able to do so, but as someone who regularly shops online I myself am aware of the top three trust seals. When I do not recognize a trust seal from another trustworthy website, I do not give value to the trust seal.
    And, as I said, we here are atypical users. In fact, I would amend that to read highly atypical.